Just a Few from Today!!

Liverpool, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the advice. I will place yardcloth on the newly planted ones.
It will look awful, but I can't stand seeing pieces of new plans lying on the ground.
Bunnies are cute, but we all work so hard, and then snap.

I have a chipmunk who destroyed my fuschia basket in my magnolia tree by planting the bird seed burrowed holes!!!! Another disaster. I can't hurt him, but they hurt everything else.

Guess it's part of gardening, the good with the bad.

Middleton, ID(Zone 6a)

I believe my clematis is a "Jackmanii, but I'm not sure. I lost the bag it came in and didn't record the name. I potted it indoors late winter and planted it outside after frost had passed. It is doing wonderful and surprised me by blooming a few days ago. My plans are to get several varieties of clematis...I love their diversity and that they are climbers.

Does anyone recognize if this is a Jackmanii? Thanks!

Thumbnail by ronniej
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I don't think it is, Jackmanii is much darker, a jewel tone purple.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

It looks like a very young Clematis "Mrs. Cholmondeley"...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Liverpool, NY(Zone 5a)

Jeanne your clematis are beautiful. Is Huldine as lovely as it looks. Garden Crossings has it, and they are wonderful. Think I might have to order it. Rave reviews on it all the time. Your pictures are dynamic. How many of these addictive creatures do you have???

I love em, but this year it's been man against beast for the first time. Something snapping off at bottom, not eaten, just because. Any ideas???? Bunnies around, and one chipmunk. I've grown them for years all over up and down in the ground and never this.

But I keep buying more. Have you tried Duchess of Edinborough or any of the Evison varieties. They are dynamic. Brushwood Gardens is great too!!!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Strell..I have too many to mention...and my collections seems to grow by leaps and bounds each season!!..
Critters can wreck havoc on our clematis and break the vines..I am sorry to hear this.. I don't have "Duchess of Albany" in my gardens and grow many of Evisons' clematis!!..Dan over at Brushwood has great clematis as well as Debbie at SilverstarVinery and Chad at GardenCrossings.com

Liverpool, NY(Zone 5a)

Evison is amazing. I just started with his clematis, and they are outstanding. I used Garden Crossings, Brushwood and also Klehms Song Sparrow. I love Garden Crossings. He is the nicest and their plants wonderful.

Yours are spectacular and now I've ordered Huldine. Do you use them in shrubs or creeping on the ground???? There are so many happy possibilities. I've ordered something from Gardener's Supply that I've heard is good for critters. The garlic clips.
Lots of good feedback from friends with critter problems. And they last for six months, so we'll see. It's much prettier than hardware cloth.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

To grow clematis to "scramble" up into your shrubs you might consider the Integrifolias as they don't get to tall...the other varieties get to large and would choke out a bush....Jeanne

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful pictures Jeanne! Thanks for sharing!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Jeanne glad to have you here!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.