Arrowhead vine

I finally got an Arrowhead vine. It's a very interesting dark green with pinkish veins (it looks like the variety 'Maria' on Exotic Angels' website). I know these guys have a "juvenile" and "mature" form.
I saw a website that mentioned the whitish green variety becomes less variegated with age, so I'm wondering: Will mine will also lose the interesting coloration it has if it becomes "mature"? If so, is there a way to prune it to keep it in this juvenile form?

Brownville, NY(Zone 4a)

Well when it starts to get "leggy" and vining, you can take cuttings. I have one of the darker varieties, with the pinkish and chocolate colored leaves, and I find that if it's in a lower light situation, it tends to keep more of it's coloring.

Petaluma, CA

Commercial growers keep them pruned back to thicken 'em up and make them symmetrical for the popular hanging basket form. (This also makes them easier/cheaper to ship in mass.) The juvenile foliage persists.
I'd expect the colorful veins to continue in the adult form, but I am not sure.
I just got two new ones myself, one is "red" (let's face it, pink... but really pretty) and the other one, which was a "bonus" from Glasshouse works, is even prettier, with a soft looking textured green leaf. It's Syngonium wenlandii. What a great gift!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.