Best rebloomers for zone 6

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the link, they have a world of iris pictures.

Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Elizabethtown.

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

Immortality (planted fall 2004) even reblooms all the way up here. In 2006, it gave me blooms in early September. This year I got flowers in early august, and another set right now. I also got buds on this one late in September (or early October) of 2006 but they got frozen before opening. I've lost the individual names of these - they were part of Brecks "Sub-Zero Reblooming Iris Collection" in 2004.

This message was edited Aug 25, 2007 10:18 PM

Thumbnail by amazar
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Immortality, Baby Blessed, Low Ho Silver and Clarence are my only reliable re-bloomers.
I have see Bride's Halo and a couple of others re-bloom one year, but I have 30 others who have NEVER rebloomed. I must not live in the right place.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Thanks for some more 5a rebloomers if only a few. I will add the ones you named as soon as possible -- the same with blueberry tart and anxious. I wouldn't say Romantic Evening is a reliable rebloomer, but it has rebloomed twice for me. It might have done more if I had put bloomboster on it right after it finished blooming. This year I enriched the soil all around it with compost, alfalfa pellets Planters II and sort rock phosphate. Hopefully it will rebloom next year. And hopefully I will get the bloom booster on it early enough. I am also putting in a drip emitter on it. I will see if that helps.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Daughter of Stars is so pretty. I want it even if it never rebloomed!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I have to agree bluegrassmom. I am going to have to have that one, rebloom or no.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Where can Daughter of Stars be purchased?

I think the saddest thing is seeing buds on a re-bloomer die in an early freeze. You gotta love zone 5a.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

And we DO see that happen alot down here in my neck-o-da-woods too!

No, YOU are the one bragging about rebloom all fall while I sit with empty beds.

Ain't got no rebloom this year! Maybe, just maybe, there is still time to make you terribly jealous!!!!!!!!LOL

No reblooms? There IS some justice for this jealous soul!

Not YET, but I still have TIME!

Well, I've been all over my beds trimming & digging. No sign of rebloom here. Sigh. Maybe if I run off to Bernie's Round Up , they will pop up while I'm gone?

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Wanda, is this Clarence? I know you gave me a rhizome at the 04 KY RU. It is welcome in my garden what ever it is. It has a orange beard. I also have one to the left that is almost ready to open. I love it when they open this late!

Thumbnail by bluegrassmom
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I have some type of invasive mum. A club member gave it to me at a swap a few years ago and I hate the stuff!!! I have pulled more than I want to think about. It is behind the iris bloom. It is so difficult to control. I don't use Roundup, but if I did, it would be the first to get sprayed!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Where did you get Daughter of Stars, avmoran? It is so pretty!
Looking back over the thread, G. Kiss is a nice deep color. Dusky Challenger is a favorite of mine but not a rebloomer.
Teresa in KY

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

It's a hybrid by Don Spoon of Winterberry Gardens. However, Denise sells it as Snowpeak -- in fact, it was just offered in the PNW Left-overs coop for $2.25! That was a steal as Don has it listed at $8 this year if I remember the catalog correctly.

Roni

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Roni, what is PNW? Sorry, I don't know that one. Which rebloomers have done the best for you this Fall?
Teresa

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I'd like to know what PNW is too.

Lebanon, OR

To all those are wondering what the PNW was, it was a co op ran by Flowerfrenzy of the Pacific North West growers. Our club the Oregon Trail Iris Society has a rhizome sale every year, which most of the big named companies here in the PNW contribute to. We had 800+ left overs this year after our very successful sale. I am both president and chairperson for the club and the sale.

I do the inventory of the left overs and Flowerfrenzy does the paper work, sends to me, I sort, pack and ship with help from some of the clubs members.

This year we had a very successful year, in which it will allow us to buy a bolt of material for me to make tableclothes, a runner for the tables for the iris show in May.

Hope this explains it.

Oh forgot to say the sale ended on the 9-20-07 and everything was shipped out on the 24th and the few left overs was donated to a local garden club.

D

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Teresa

What D said! LOL.

As for my rebloomers, it was a very dry summer and I don't water the garden unless they are new plants of the water bill gets very HIGH! :) The only one that has rebloomed so far is Prince Pele.

Of course, under normal conditions I have Immortality, Late Lilac, Lunar Whitewash, Clarence, Cayenne Capers, Royal Maroon, Forever Blue, Baby Prince, Jewel Baby, What Again and a few others -- spotty rebloomers are Raspberry Silk and one year Apollo One.

Roni

Teresa, THIS is Clarence. A beautiful flower & sturdy stems both spring & fall. It blooms here in October most years.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

I have an iris that's about to rebloom. And I live in the Northeast. Where we should have had a frost by now.

There's a nor'easter coming on saturday, the iris has budded but not bloomed.

Should I pick it? Or what? Should I pick it before it blooms?

I've never had a rebloomer. And this is really strangely late in our season.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I have a new scape on one. It will not make it to full bloom :(

I cut off the stalks if I know it will not a get a chance to bloom. Better to spend the energy on making bigger babies.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

It is 35 here this morning, I did cut the last stalks and brought them in to enjoy. One smells like grape koolaid. If anyone has extra rebloomers to trade next spring please dmail me. I have found a new interest.
Teresa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.