A new gift

East Elmhurst, NY

Just got an alocasia polly. Any input as to the care? Thanks!

(Zone 1)

I don't know much about Alocasia but here's a bunch in Plant Files. Didn't find the one Polly listed there, but maybe they all take the same type of care. You can check them out here:

http://davesgarden.com/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=alocasia&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

If you give it plenty of humdity it does great.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

I hear they are very difficult in household situations. A greenhouse is more their style. I had the black dwarf variety (can't think of the name now) that I ADORED. It did well for about two months, then the leaves started to discolor, then they turned dry and eventually I lost the plant. I would love to have one, but never again. Its heartbreaking. Yes, give it all the humidity you possibly can! Also, they don't care for any direct sunlight.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

I covered mine with a plastic cake dome this past winter which brought about new leaves. If too damp, mold may pop up. Vent or uncover to clear up this kind of problem.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.