My new little plants i got over the weekend

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

I got all these this weekend...

The little ones i got at walmart...they were all about dead, i bought all i could afford and there were still like 6 left.
The tall one in the back my darling hubby bought for me at lowes...I have had several of them over the years, but killed them...i am gonna try my darnest to keep this one alive.

The pot i bought at salvation army for $1.99 i could not pass that up..to good of a deal and now i have just set the big plant i got in it and it looks nice.

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Those look really nice... you should visit the begonia forum for your Rex begonias and you might try putting your lil schefflera outdoors for the summer...it will turn into a tree! Very nice.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/153712/

MsC

This message was edited Jul 17, 2007 2:34 AM

(Zone 1)

Great haul of plants Red-Princess! Love what you found! I have a couple of Rex Begonia's that I got at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago .... no names but they are so pretty! I usually have a problem with keeping Rex Begonia's alive for very long .... need to figure that out as I don't have any trouble with all kinds of other plants! Love your Arboricola 'Trinette' too ... I have a couple of them. They can get to about 6' but you can keep them pruned to a smaller size if you need to. Looks like you have an Oyster plant also: http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/650/

What plant is that in the front right of your picture? It looks like maybe a Philo or maybe Rubber Plant, but I can't see it real well.

Great buy on that ceramic pot too ... $1.99??!! I gotta go to the Salvation Army Thrift store more often! I love decorative pots to sit my plants down in.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Lin,
That is a rubber tree...i found it just lying on the ground and picked it up, it had no pot or anything,and when i went to the check out, they sold it to me for 2.47...i said yup i will take it. Gotta get it outta the monkey cup..lol and plant it up. I may use a couple of these for our next houseplant swap ;o)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

nice plants..............good buys...............I love the tall variegated one at the back........something Arboricola.........i have it growing in pots everywhere............inside and outside.............they get really big............

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

My six rexes that I got at least six months ago are still going strong! I've always heard they are difficult, but I keep mine on pebble trays and water them AS SOON as they are ALMOST dry. I never let them dry completely, as they can wilt in record time! Sometimes you can't bring them back (if they have been wilted more than a few hours). But you can't keep them sopping wet either, so when the pot starts to get a little light, that's when I water. They are a bit tricky. With any luck, yours will do as well as mine have. I also have the Oyster plant. Interesting little things - mine lost its lower leaves and now has just stems with a "cap" of leaves on the top of each stem. I hear this is normal as the plant matures. Good luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.