What I've been busy with. My water feature.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Awww, c'mon, you know you want one of those little hedgehogs... they're more sculptural than whimsical! ;-) I think Pat has a good idea on how to incorporate those smaller pots so they don't look lost, but I don't know if they'd get enough sun placed further over... but it might be worth a try... you pay such good attention to your plants that you'll know if they're not flourishing. Besides, I want to shop with you for a non-whimsical frog! (I guess the frog lounging in my ficus plant, wearing overalls, would not suit you, LOL.)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Fabulous - I've finally figured out who to give that ridiculous gnome to. Look out, Miata, those pesky little buggerz have a way of 'just showing up' in the garden ... or on the deck, when you least expect it.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Miatabla,
I'm relieved you were not offended by my suggestion. I have a decent eye for "art composition" and that is where I was coming from. I don't think moving them will compromise their sun shine since the short pot would be in front and the tall grass (?) would be boosted up.

I love a certain amount of art in my garden but it has to be limited for it to be attractive. If I have inadvertently made you the target of one of those awful gnome attacks I apologize sincerely!!! THOSE suckers do not appeal to me at all!!

I generally incorporate a little art into every flower bed, just a touch. A bird house on a post, a metal sculpture of a cat, I generally try to place them in such a way they are not readily visible "all together". No whimsy frog for you.... OK.... a pair of clog shoes? Or good size rock? A tiny glazing ball with a stand the size of a tuna can?
Pat

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

... speaking of art composition, I recently saw an arrangement of potted plants which had a small pile of smooth rocks piled next to them. The impact was subtle, elegant and effective. I loved it.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

A lifesized replica of David, painted realistically. snicker I know where you can get one. Not painted. snicker

Sorry, the cookie post must have given me a sugar rush. LOL

Critter, I really do love cookies but I was just teasing you. Coooooookiiiieeeeees!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Yo, my Water Garden Workbook just arrived. :~)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yippee! It'll be fun to page through that... I can't wait to see what your first project will be!

I need to declare a baking day this week... I've got some good blueberries and want to bake some muffins for the freezer, and a friend asked me to bake biscotti for a farewell brunch next Sunday (she's moving), and her daughters dropped a hint to indicate how wonderful it would be to have some of those chocolate chip cookies for the trip. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.