FICUS

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

I WAS GIVEN A FIDDLEY LEAF FICUS OR MAYBE IT IS LITTLE FIDDLEY FICUS LUARTA OR FIDDLE LEAF FIG. IN WHAT CONDITIONS DOES IT NEED TO BE PLANTED?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Ficus lyrata (fiddle-leaf fig) Bright light but try to avoid midday outdoor sun with containerized plants. To prevent legginess - a balanced fertilizer (like 20-20-20 would be ok, but something with a lower first & second numbers even better (10-10-20 e.g.). Limit fertilizer applications to when the plant is actively growing (prolly Apr - Oct where you live). Always use a fast soil, water thoroughly & allow to become quite dry before watering again. Prefers humidity as high as you can comfortably keep it and temperatures above 55* @ all times.

Al

This message was edited Jun 28, 2007 11:16 PM

(Zone 1)

Here's the link to Plant Files for this plant:

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/55346/

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Al!!!!!!!!!! Have you totally gone to the lurking side now? :) Good to see you again.

GH

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Hi, GH. I stick my head in here from time to time & keep up on the threads I started, but I'm pretty busy in the garden & with the bonsai this time of year. I'll be repotting about 30-40 Ficus & another 30-40 other tropical & subtropical trees over the next couple of weeks. Not enough time in the day for everything I'd LIKE to be doing - thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you!

Al

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.