Japanese Iris in Massachusetts

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Guess what I found in the recycle bin?......A picture of my JI that died!
I deleted it but luckily I forgot to empty the recycle bin *lol*
Here she is (was).....I just LOVED it :)
You can see the leaf of the dark purple on the right hand side of the picture. They were next to eachother and have both gone to flower heaven.

Kim

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

How very sad. :o( They were beautiful, Kim.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank you so much mgh. They were very pretty and I admired them daily. I miss them muchly but things happen for a reason I believe. I hope the person I dug them for to share with has them alive and well in their garden as I think they were a new gardener and I have been blessed abundantly :)

Kim

So, you might be able to get a piece of them back?

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I don't keep good notes of who I traded with and am also a member at GW. I went through all my DG mail and I didn't trade it here so I can only imagine it was on GW.

Learn as we go along *lol*

Kim

Darn. :o(

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Maybe you have a guardian angel and you'll wake up some day to find a whole box of them in the mail.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Pirl, our chats have meant the world to me and I have learned so much from you :)
You are an angel friend :)

;X

Sent you a D-Mail

Kim

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

My very FIRST JI opened today...compliments of "pirl " and it's a beauty. It looks like the 2nd photo in this thread.

kims...yes..Pirl is the bomb ! I have learned VOLUMES from her about color, DL's, JI's etc. and a host of other things, too ! An angel, indeed !

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Enjoyed seeing the pictures everyone has posted of their Jap iris. I just put in 2 last fall and both bloomed for me. Just loved them as iris are one of my favorites. Oh shoot, I should say, just one of my favorites.

Oriental Eye Jap. iris

Thumbnail by Maxine
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Boojum, what a great picture of what looks like Rosa 'New Dawn' and clematis 'Warszawska Nike' both of which I have blooming now, but 10 feet apart. Drat. I think I need to pair the two and add some Pirl pink astilbe on the shady side of the the rose and a pink Japanese Iris (maybe Kyokko) and there is already a dark pink spirea blooming nearby and a big oak leaf Hydrangea. I may have to move a day lily for another that is pink. Always next year! Yep, you can join the barbie group or hit spell check. I am heading north today for Prarire Home and I will give you a shout as I would luv to sea the guarden and your Barbie land, Patti

My halo is unjustified! I'm just a gardener who tries to help when I can and feel l'd be selfish if I didn't share. I learned sharing at an early age and the real PIRL extended the thought to gardening and sharing plants.

Maxine - beautiful 'Oriental Eyes'.

'Sandsation' is one I ordered and when I received it and looked at the photo again I didn't like it at all. WRONG! It's another Aitkens winner!

This no I.D. pink one will have to do until I can find 'Sandsation'.

Thumbnail by pirl
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm doing a whole pink border this year. Can't I please join the Barbie group too? What was that pink mixed drink we used to have years ago, that was horrendously sweet, pink squirrel or something like that?

Pepto Bismol?

Try it with vodka - it's called a "Strawberry Runner".

Here's 'Sandsation' -

(I hit "open" but it didn't show me the thumbnail so I have no idea what photo will be here)

Thumbnail by pirl

Wrong photo!

Finally, the right photo of 'Sandsation'.

(Don't I sound like the drunken pink Barbie this morning?)

Thumbnail by pirl
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Absolutely Breathtaking! We'll take ya Pirl drunk Barbie or not :) I have mornings like that....can't get going, feel like I'm in a cloud or hungover without ever taking a drink. Usually requires many strolls in the garden to wake up *lol*

Kim

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Oh, my. I am loving all of the pictures. I will have to run out to see if any of mine have opened. Off for a couple of days. Thanks all. Patti

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I'm on my way out, too. MORE, MORE!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Strawberry runner! Too funny. Where do you come up with these things.

More pictures please.

Nothing new here to post, but my DLs are starting.

Thumbnail by boojum

boojum - I wish I could be a bee in your garden! So very beautiful.

Thank you, Pirl. I feel the same way about YOUR garden!!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Pirl, your Jap iris sansation was worth waiting for. Breath taking!!

Maxine

Thanks!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Quick question, as soon as I quit drooling...lol I have about 27 SIBS in my tub, how long can they stay in water...before I have to pot them or plant them?

I'm not sure. They really do love their water. Maybe folks on the iris or Siberian iris threads can advise you better. I'd hate to say the wrong thing and have you lose them.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Janet, I would plant them ASAP. Sibs shouldn't be in water alone more than a day or so.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Polly, and Pirl, I will get them into some dirt some how..lol I do not want to loose them that is for sure!

A few new ones. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a named JI that's fresh for the JI Show this weekend nearby.
Here's a NOID from a friend I call Mr. Blue.

Thumbnail by boojum

Small flowered La Mouette (Phil Cook). I adore this one.

Thumbnail by boojum

A beautiful Orchid NOID.

Thumbnail by boojum

Prairie Glory.

Thumbnail by boojum

Variegata ensata.

Thumbnail by boojum

Rose Queen.

Thumbnail by boojum

Prairie's Edge.

Have a great July 4th everyone.

Thumbnail by boojum
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Absolutely stunning!

What a great way to wake up this morning!

Happy 4th everyone!

Kim

Rose Queen burst forth today.

Thumbnail by boojum

I had my first blooms on Joan Trevithick. Looks like Rose Queen only a bit smaller.

Thumbnail by boojum

Manadzuru. Sanded pattern.

Thumbnail by boojum

Dirigo Blue Plate.

Thumbnail by boojum

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.