June Bingo Calls, Part II

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

A big thanks to both cjolene and RainGazer............all the extra info is terrific.....
much fun was had by all......................sorry about the arm!!!!!!!!!

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Congrats to the winners! Great game.

Mount Crawford, VA

Yippee! I'm one of the biggest loosers! I didn't imagine I could do that as I never win anything, it's just fun to play. In fact, I didn't even look for a day or so cause I figured I was just in the middle. And I'm excited about getting leaves. I love African Violets. I hope I can get them to grow nicely! Good game, everyone.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone, I am not sure if you have seen the prayer thread I started for Starfly, Eunice, but she lost her son and has been doing very poorly as we can imagine. They have been through so much and her sister Gracie sent me information about what has been happening. She also lost a lot of her AV's because she left in such a hurry and has been gone for a few weeks now. She apparently got a call that he was very ill and they rushed to his side, and he died a week or so ago. She has been under a doctor's care in Alabama and wasn't able to go home. Gracie took off to her place and tryied to salvage some of the Avs and took her dog home with her when she left this week.

I know that Eunice and Kerry are supposed to be home on Tuesday, according to
Gracie. I thought it might be nice to have some cards in their mailbox when they get there, so I am sending one today. Her information is in the Addy Exchange for anyone wishing to do the same. I just can't imagine what they have gone through the past year, it is just so much!

Good idea Janet and very sweet of you to think of it. I didn't even know we had an addy exchange. Maybe after she feels a little better we can all send leaves or starter plants.
Susan

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am sure that would be nice too...bless her heart, I cannot imagine the pain of loosing a child. She lost her daughter five years ago, and now her son.

The addy exchange is under extras, on your home page.

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the heads-up, Janet. I'll get a card out today.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Janet.........
Parents are "supposed" to outlive their children"............simply cannot imagine that kind of pain.............if something ever happened to any of my children someone would have to take me to the city dump........I am sooooooo sorry for her loss.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Amen, Gail!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok I know I am new here and shoot I really dont even grow AV. I would be willing to send this person a plant. Is it ok to go to like Lowes and get one or do you all have fancy ones that you send to each other??? Gosh words just dont come to say how I feel for this lady... I dont know if I could handle it if one of mine passed.... Do you think she would mind me send if she does not know me????
I will keep her and her family our prayers...
Susan

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Susan that is so sweet, and yes that would be fine, no "fancy" ones, just AVs. I think it may be a while before we need to replace them for her, but she is certainly a sweet and derserving lady! You are dear to think of her!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.