Mama's got a brand new bag! LOL

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Well, actually, she's just got 2 brand new Philos. Whoo hoo!!! I won these from Steve(miamimax) on eBay. I REALLY wanted the 'Black Gold' Philo(Melanochrysum), but I was outbid by a couple of folks. LOL I didn't want to pay upwards of $25 for it. Anyway, meet Hansoti's Gold :

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

and 'Burle Marx'

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm still coveting 'Calkins Gold' and several others. I can never get enough Philos!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Awesome plants GH. Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patti

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice! I got a "moonlight" a few months ago and it's growing like gangbusters in an east window!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

'Hansoti's Gold' looks so similar to 'Moonlight'- I think though, that the lvs on HG are narrower than ML.

Say, do you guys know that commercial where Robert Goulet comes into your office at 3:00 and "messes with your stuff"? I think he's been here today.

:)

GH

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

So, I'm on vacation this week and have a little time on my hands.:) In my internet travels this morning, I found this site. It's nice to know where the (Philodendron) Burle Marx name came from. From all accounts, his estate was one of the most beautiful sights ever.

http://www.burlemarx.com.br/ingles.htm

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Nice, GH!!
That one really 'glows'...like Fluorescent green!
I love the little cachepot, too;)

Robert Goulet? So he's been messin' w/your stuff? LOL!???

Every time I see the words 'Philodendron Burle Marx'....I think of P. 'Burle Marx' Fantasy', (they are two individual plants) which is one I'd LOVE to have, but rather rare and pricey right now......I can wait!

http://naturalselections.safeshopper.com/69/757.htm?277

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, Dear. That is one expensive plant. Wonder how much it will be 2-5 years from now? And what new plant will be so highly esteemed? I even think there is a variegated form, Nan. Steve sells them for like $75 I believe. I'll have to wait on that too. The risky thing with variegates is that they can be unstable and revert. How sad would that be having paid all that money for it?

Nan, do you like the Philo Melanochrysum too? I think it's high drama, for the right price. I could pay $29 for it from NSE. Coincidentally, it just sold for $72 on eBay from Steve. This one and Verrucosum are next on my list of must haves. Yum, Yum!!! LOL

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

they are fun plants and seem to thrive anywhere they live!!! I do like the color of green in this one.....

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Gail, you are so right about Philos thriving anywhere they live! I've killed only one and that was because of my stupidity, not paying attention. I buried a recently cut stem and the dang thing rotted on me! I could have cried a river. Anyway, while they're not carefree plants, they are definitely among the easier ones. I'm well on my way to being a full-fledged philo collector. LOL

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I simply cannot keep collections of plants................will have to auction off all the furniture so that every room in the house will be just gro-light stands with a cot for me!!! (LOL) I have one Prince in the bathroom just happy as can be and the other Prince is in a container with other plants on the front porch..............I don't understand how they live, but they do somehow....

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, I think you'll be ready for a cot soon, what with all the episcias(or other gessies) you've been buying! LOL

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh yes, i didn't realize you knew that I have lost it over the gessie family of plants..............a real sickness is going on.......am I worried about this obsession???? NO!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.