Please take pictures!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Well I've been holding out until the last minute, hoping I might be able to make it to the swap this weekend - not going to happen :(( It's just been such a hectic spring for us being gone every weekend and we've got baby plants waiting to be potted up plus a guest coming next weekend, etc., etc., etc. - just not enough time to take a break right now. So, please, please take lots of pictures and post them so I can see how much fun I missed!

Debbie

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Okay, but you realize by not being here you won't be able to join in on the vote on whether to have next year's swap at your house? Just kidding. LOL

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Packing my camera right now and hoping that I remember to get more batteries tomorrow morning...

Strasburg, VA(Zone 6b)

definitely take pictures!
i had hoped too and can assure you that as lowsy as i feel having spent a brief 8 hrs in the emergency room i feel worse missing out on the plant swap and meeting everyone...hopefully other chances will arise in the future :-)

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

I brought my camera but I guess I was too busy swapping and eating because I only took two pictures.

In this first one I see somebody pushing a baggie with green stuff...it might be best to not name names! ;-)

- Brent

Thumbnail by Brent_In_NoVa
Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

Proof that I was not the only guy there!

- Brent

Thumbnail by Brent_In_NoVa
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Ha ha ha ... I'm the pusher!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL at wrightie pushing alfalfa pellets! I'm going to have to pick some up at Southern States, since I neglected to get a baggie from her. We discussed tossing them on top of my beds -- great for the soil and the plants, but it'd also be like ringing a dinner bell for the neighborhood bunnies... maybe I'll scatter some out in the little orchard area, where I have clover and even lettuce that they are welcome to...

I have to explain that I am not making a rude or crude gesture in that second photo that Brent took! We were discussing my leggy tomato seedlings, and I was explaining about planting them by burying most of the stem in a trench, at an angle, with just a little tuft of leaves (represented by my up-pointing index finger) at the top!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Enough with the disclaimers, Critter. I'd prefer to think that you were indeed making rude and crude gestures, if you don't mind.

Come to College Park and grab a few buckets o' pellets! So what if the cost of gas is more than that of a 50lb. bag... Sorry that you didn't get any of them.

I picked up some more potting soil this morning and I'm going to try to get everything in pots that requires it - this morning.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Brent, You did a lot better than I did. I never even got my camera out of my bag. LOL
The cutie in khaki with the hat is my husband Ric. He had a great time.
I think that Critter was in the process of trying to lure him over to her house, so she could get him to build her a potting shed, too. LOL
I got one of those bags of green stuff. How much do I mix into a gallon jug make the tea for my plants?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think Wrightie said there was enough in the baggie for a 5 gallon bucket of alfalfa tea... so use 1/5 to make 1 gallon. Remember to let it steep until it gets bubbly and funky... I'm thinking this is not something you want to let sit out on the kitchen counter, LOL.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, and yes I *love* your new potting shed! I don't have anything like it... but Jim did help set up my seedling light shelves in the basement, and he put in a little parasite tap above my potting bench (an old double washtub with a board shelf across the back) so that I can water without running upstairs to the sink.

I had fun chatting with Ric, and I'm glad you're both enjoying the herbs! I promise I'll post those recipes soon... once those oregano plants settle in, you'll have a bountiful harvest to use. :-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Yep, Holly. Critter's right. There is one Cup of alfalfa pellet in the bag so that's enough for a 5 gal container. You can also refill that container with water and re-use the nasty 'sludge' that accumulates on the bottom. I wouldn't recommend letting it brew much longer than 3 or 4 days because it will take on a very funky smell... and I'm not referring to the kinds of smells that you're used to from being around horses either.

If you search on alfalfa tea here, you'll see that it is very popular: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/433894/

This message was edited Jun 11, 2007 7:41 AM

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I agree the alfalfa pellets were a nice idea. I was just afraid to look like a dummy saying so what do I do with them---and afraid w would say drink it of course!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Okay, Sally. How far is Millersville from Bowie? I keep my horse in Bowie, so maybe I can accidentally swing by with some Not Sweet Tea for you.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hello,
Is this where we post pictures of the RU? I have a few...
Susan

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes, please! :-)

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

OK then here they come but please remember I am not good with names so may have a few mixed up.... I did not get a few people and now I am very sorry for that... I wanted to get a picture of Chantells GB for my GS was born on the say day... hint,hint Chantell maybe you could send me one :-)
Ok here they come.

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

this is Sally. Nice lady... and all my plants made it home fine...

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

This is Jill or Critter LOL You were so nice....

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Now I am not to sure but I think this is Betty?????

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

this is Happy, Devon... Hubby loved you for taking time with him...

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

This is Brent... Very nice and could you come here and help me get things right :-)

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

this is Diane who was wonderful and let us all come to her home

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Gita, Wonderful lady....

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

group

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

John, who is Ruby's hubby and Becky I believe, Also is this Bobbi????

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

another group, I am the grey lady looking like I am either smelling something funny or mad at the world.... sorry... I hate my picture taken,..

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Rick, Critters better half...

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Ruby and Sally

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Wrightie I believe...

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

and again

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

another group

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I think that is all folks... I had a great time...
Susan

Susan- well done! that picture must have been the only time that day you didn't have your smile on !!
I also didn't get my camera out till the end- Or after the trips with plants etc, didn't want to get it. Here is the van before we left- we could scarcely have packed another thing. Well, maybe rig a hanging system from the hooks and handles....hmmmmm

Thumbnail by sallyg

Didn't get ictures of the beds that I should have-grabbed the steps-haven't previewed this

Thumbnail by sallyg

and a view from the hill circa 2007

Thumbnail by sallyg
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Great photos!! Thanks for being conscientious about taking them... my camera didn't make it out of the car... :-(

BTW, Ric isn't mine... he's HollyAnn's DH... and definitely a keeper! Bobbie and I extended invites to our spouses (her's is also Rick; mine is Jim), but they "graciously declined" LOL.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Sally is smiling in this one :-)

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for telling me... Told ya I was brain dead...LOL Kevin and Mike were helpping also with the camara... I cant believe we did not get one of everyone... shoot and sorry folks...
Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.