White Flower Photos, post one here

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

That sure looks a very pretty clematis!
does it bloom during a long periode ?

Fredericksburg, VA

It has been in the bud stage for a few weeks and has just started opening. There are tons of buds still forming, so i would say yes, it should bloom a while. It was planted in the spring and didnt do much until early july when it went nuts.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2007 9:42 AM

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

mosbyone,

Your clemitas is gorgeous!! I gave up trying to grow them after killing 3. Guess I kept them too wet or gave them too much fertilizer. Anyway I can enjoy yours and I love the white ones.

Port Charlotte, FL(Zone 10a)

I sure wish Clematis would grow down here. Those are lovely.

Here's another white one...this is just starting to bloom again. Eleocarpus or Blueberry Ash. They look like little skirts. Interesting berries too.

Thumbnail by KatG
(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

KatG.... beautiful little blooms. Love the pink blush color on them and the fringed little skirts. Very pretty!

Fredericksburg, VA

very nice Kate

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Kate,

I really like that--I had never seen one before--Lovely!!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I wanted to share my Sweet Autumn Clematis, too.

Thumbnail by joycet
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is my "Peacock Orchid" (Gladiolus cal. Murielae). First year with these little bulbs, pretty cute.

Thumbnail by joycet
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Joycet, I have NEVER seen a Clematis that HUGE! Totally AWESOME....
I also see in the background a VERY cute fairy/angel talking to a chipmunk....too precious :)

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Joycet, I am growing those too! From the Dollar Store!

Thumbnail by ByndeweedBeth

A white Japanese Morning Glory

Here is a white morning glory that is not "japanese". These are a different species.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I dug that clematis out two years ago....obviously, it had different ideas than I did!

The angel/fairy is actually talking to a frog, but it does look like a chipmunk from that angle!

BettyFB, have you tried this clematis? It is the easiest to grow and not picky at all. This one is on a bench with a trellis behind it. You couldn't tell it from looking though. I wanted to grow different vines on that trellis, but like I said...it had different ideas, so I'll go with the flow!

Fredericksburg, VA

That is HUGE! I guess I will have to plan for expansion in that part of the garden

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Joycet,

I will have to try that Clematis. It is so beautiful! It is the largest one I have ever seen!!!!

That is absolutely the most beautiful Clematis I've ever seen. What a beauty! I drool over the photo's in the seed/plant catalogs I get here that say that Clematis will survive in zone 9/10...As much as I coddle things...it doesn't work. Thank-you for posting your's though...

Does anybody in Fla. have an idea for a nice look-a-like? hehe

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Curcuma 'Phudin Princess" Although the actual bloom is purple, I love the white bract.

This message was edited Sep 1, 2007 5:45 AM

Thumbnail by budgielover
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

WoW! That is stunning!

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Wow Budgielover, I have never seen one before and that is beautiful!!!!

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

budgielover that is gorgeous!

Budgielover...that one is gorgeous! I was lucky enough to find one in the "sea of pink" curcuma out this year...However, it looks dirty compared to yours...That is beautiful!

(it's in the back of the pot!)

Thumbnail by KatG
Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Kat,
I got several in a co-op last spring. They're all still in 1gal pots I started them in until I decided on a permanent location. I try to put them between periennials and then grow winter annuals over them when they go dormant for the winter. That way I don't have empty spaces. I have several varieties and wish they didn't go dormant because some of the leaves are huge and so tropical looking.

Hooks, TX

Here is a picture of a couple of moonflowers that opened tonight. Each of them is about 6" in diameter and pure white, white. I hope I get lots of seed pods.

Louise

Thumbnail by TexasLou
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

A pretty good sized Fall Clematis.
It's on a chain link fence.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Wow! It's sea of Clematis! Very beautiful!
This is my favorite one. Habenaria radiata (Sagisou)

Thumbnail by goldenfish
South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

That's beautiful, goldenfish. : )
~Lucy

(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous Habenaria and Clematis :-)

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

Butterfly Ginger

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I took this last week of my white oleander. It is a very large shrub that we cut way back each year to keep it from getting too large.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

We just got back from Florida....oh how I wish we could grow oleander in Ohio!!!!

Beautiful!

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

This is HAKUYOU, and is the loveliest dahlia that I grow

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Southern, CA(Zone 8b)

White Mums, just blooming this october.

Thumbnail by sowmo
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Reblooming iris edited to add that was reblooming that day, and they are still blooming. Longest I have ever had them blooming in the fall!

This message was edited Dec 10, 2007 8:05 AM

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
(Zone 5a)

cactuspatch, sowmo and Roses-R-Red - Beautiful!

Lancaster, PA(Zone 6a)

This is a B&W photo of Rose of Sharon cultivar "Diana"

Thumbnail by linuxogre
South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

That is very pretty. Solid white. : )
~Lucy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.