Seed Swap

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

SWAP CLOSED

Now that the basic season for w/s is over, most of us are planning on what we want to sow for next winter. Would anyone be interested in a seed swap? I'm sure most of us have quite a bit of left over seed and I would gladly host it. I think the last swap was a success. If you are interested let me know. If we have enough takers, I'll edit this with the rules.

SEED SWAP RULES
For those who haven't sent their packages yet, the Postage is increased to $0.75 - I didn't take into account that the price had gone up since the last time I ran the swap. I just weighed the package I received today and checked on the USPS website.

Let's make the swap 10 packets of seeds for those that don't have alot to share. ALL SEED ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED on or before June 30th. Based upon my experience with other swaps, I will not wait on late entries.

Use a bubble envelope or bubble wrap to send seeds to Anita [my address is in the exchange-Anitabryk2];

o Include 10 packets of seed; - no more / no less - please
o The amount of seed is whatever you feel comfortable with. If you are looking for guidelines, see the Seed Trading Primer in Extras;
o Can be all one seed type or different seed types;
o You can use anything for seed packs, but make sure they won't fall out and tape is not in a location where seeds could stick. The glycine envelopes work best for tiny seeds as opposed to plastic;
o Identify each seed pack with the contents and include your DG name
o Include 75 cents in postage not coin;
o Include a mailing label with your own address on it which I will use to mail the items back - so please make it big enough and clear enough for the postman to read
o I will reuse the bubble envelope you send the seed packs in. Please make sure it is in good shape and will survive the round trip. I have found the 6x9 bubble envelopes work the best.
o Write WS Swap on outside of the envelope sent to Anita.
o Include a list of the seeds enclosed - please. It will make it a bit easier to make sure that everyone gets something different than what they sent.

SWAP PARTICIPANTS -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 - Anitabryk2
2 - Seandor received 6/26
3 - zone5girl received 6/25
4 - Lala_Jane received 6/28
5 - gloriag received 6/15
6 - bluespiral received 6/28
7 - grampapa received 6/25
8 - Sowmo received 6/13
9 - pepsidrinker received 6/18
10 - dylancgc received 6/14

AGAIN - PLEASE HAVE SEEDS TO ME BY JUNE 30TH. I WILL MAIL ALL BACK ON JULY 7TH.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2007 10:10 PM

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I would like to partipate, but I would like an opportunity to collect seeds - for instance, I have a lovely Lemon Queen perennial sunflower I could collect seeds from. So, will there be another seed swap for seeds we collect this year?

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm game! I'd also like to do it in the fall so I can collect seeds from my garden. Tamara

This message was edited May 25, 2007 10:05 AM

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I would do one again in the fall. Just before everyone is getting ready to order seeds. Sound good?

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Anitabryk2 :-)

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Me, me! I have plenty left from this year which will undoubtedly be doubled by next fall. I'm game for both!

La

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

So far so good. I hope we get enough takers.

Floyd, VA(Zone 6b)

I would love to participate in it too. By then I will have some fresh seeds from this year too.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

super! Welcome aboard gloria!

(Zone 7a)

I can do 10 packs for now - the garden is keeping me so busy right now, that y'all are perfectly safe in the "no more, now less" department from me - lol.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

excellent! Well, hopefully we will get a few more, but this swap is definitely on. I will mail any seeds I get out the first week of July. Any who are ready - send away.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Anita. I'm in for 10.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Great Grams! Glad you are joining us!

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone.

I'd love to join too. If there's room, I'm in for 10 then. I have a question though or maybe I'm just a slow on the uptake. 10 packets of seeds. How many seeds per packet or is that up to the sender's discretion? I have a lot of some seeds and some I have only a few. So I was wondering about that. I'm assuming that if I wanted to send more seeds or more packets, that would be okay...

Lindy

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

For clarification to everyone - I hope this helps...

o Include 10 packets of seed; - no more / no less - please
o The amount of seed is whatever you feel comfortable with. If you are looking for guidelines, see the Seed Trading Primer in Extras;
o Can be all one seed type or different seed types;

This means you can send 10 packages and each packet contains the same type of seed. You can have each packet contain a different type of seed or you can have a mix of same and different. Choice is yours. Just please don't send less than 10 packets or send more than 10 packets. Some people find they have lot's of seed and either want to be generous or would like more variety and expect the same number of packages back - either way, my life in sorting everything out is much easier with sticking to the guidelines above.

Thanks - I hope that makes sense.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

No seed as of now. Hopefully by fall I will have a lot as I try to plant the majority of self-seeders. This would be great. Another way to diversify. Count me in for the next swap.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

excellent Lou

(Zone 7a)

I am sending in 10 baggies, and that's it. But, I'm wondering if it's okay to put two or more tiny labeled packets inside of each baggie? The whole business would count as 10 baggies.

Hoping to not confusticate,
karen

Southern, CA(Zone 8b)

I would like to participate in this swap please

Sowmo

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Karen - it needs to be 10 individual seed packets. This is the only way that I can then distribute them so that everyone gets something different.

Very good sowmo.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Anita, Count me in to please :o)

Connie

Southern, CA(Zone 8b)

I will send seeds asap....Thank you

This message was edited Jun 7, 2007 9:13 AM

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

You're in Connie.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Anita, I will get them out to you next week. Thanks Connie

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

May I join also? This sounds fun. I am already looking through the catalogs to see what I want to try next year.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Me too - I was thinking of ordering half price seeds from T & M!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Glad to have the both of you!

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

I sent my package off at lunch. I hope it has seeds someone else likes and is looking for.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

super! I can't wait to see what you've sent! :)

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

received the first package - yahoo!!! I look forward to getting everyone elses!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

For those who haven't mailed their packages yet - I didn't take into account the postage increase. I just weighed the package I received today and checked with USPS - it's $0.75. Thanks!

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Anita I'm fairly new here and not sure where to go to find your address. Can you direct me please? Thanks!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Lala_Jane, here is the link http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/ but you can find it from the home page under the extras,

Anita, I will be mailing mine out either tomorrow or Saturday.

Happy Gardening

Connie

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks Pepsi! I'll get mine together this weekend too.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Gloria, received your package and I want to thank you so much!! That was very kind of you!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I will also get mine together this weekend. This is going to take some thought . . .

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Anita, glad to see the seeds arrived :o)

I have been so swamped putting in these new flower beds, whew. lol I haven't really been on daves that much. This 90 something weather has been awful but great at the same time, got a little rain yesterday to soak everything good and today all we have gotten so far is thunder, it is sooo humid out. I have some seeds I have to get started today and a house that is falling apart around me rofl. But dh is going to be gone this afternoon *clapping hands & jumping for joy*, I can't get anything done in the house when he is home... so I am going to be cleaning house while he is gone ;-) Fixing to go and get these seeds started here in a few so I won't be around till later this evening.

Everyone have a great day :o)

Connie

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

They are on their way!! Tamara

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Mine are in the envelop - just have to get them to the postoffice ;-)

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

sounds good :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.