Not sure where to post scans from old pics in '87

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I came across some old pictures evidently taken over a matter of a few days...because i see the same plants a lot!! I used to have a small container business that served local realtors in Houston...I may be getting nostalgic??

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

obviously, coleus hadn't hit the scene yet

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

these scans are from very old pictures

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I used a lot of houseplants

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I wish I knew how to download more than one pic at a time....if you are bored, forgive me!! (LOL)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am traveling down memory lane with 20 year old photos...i won't post very many now..(not promising later that I won't show more)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

please just indulge me a couple more as I am soooooo surprised i even had these

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

and one more

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

i was happy sitting on my patio every day all day long making containers for realtors to give clients....
gail

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I bet the clients were very happy to get those lovely containers. Wonderful mix of plant material, Gail. That must have been such a fun job.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I had been a realtor all through the seventy's so I knew them very well.............it was sooooooo much fun...wish now I had pics of year 'round containers.....

edited to say that American Idol finals are on!!!!! good night everyone!!!!1

This message was edited May 23, 2007 7:01 PM

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

gail those containers are lovely!
It's great to go down our garden's memory lane every once in a while.

Thanks for sharing,
MsC

(Zone 1)

They are lovely, Gail! I love Container Gardening! You can plant so many different things in containers and some folks like to change out the plantings with the seasons. My youngest sister has some Gorgeous Container plantings but she pays a nursery to do them for her, along with her huge hanging baskets! I would much rather buy all the stuff and do them myself ... that's the fun of it. But, my Sis is soooo busy with other things, she doesn't really have the time to Play In The Dirt like I do.

I bet you enjoyed that Business you had. What fun that would be .... just planting Container Gardens for others to enjoy, and getting paid for it too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.