Crossvines cutting propagation

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Input on this vine cuttings is needed. I've two vines that need a hair cut once the blosoms are spent.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

How much of a "haircut" will they need, and what is the reason, is it growing too high, if so cut what is necessary, and it should recoop.Would like to see a pic, and a little more input. Mike

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Lots of haircut.....
Here is some pics. Will tell more later. The peak of blooms was in middle of March, early April, now it's sporadic, so I'm waiting for the blosoms to cool down before I whack 'em down.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

I believe it will be better to let them quit bloomong, what a mass, but I think the only thing to do would be grit your teeth, and cut, when they are less bloomy.A vine like that is surly hardy.Mike
LMK if I can get a cutting from that, I think I have a place I would like to cover. Mike

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

These beauties will take a while to get established, once established. It's virtually care-free.
These cuttings will be available for SABSE, with small fee to cover materials needed for packaging. This is for experiencing propagators of cuttings. I'll pack these cuttings fresh with moist spagnum moss and mail them out asap. The window is about a month time. So pass the words around for those that interested.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

They are really easy to root too.
=)

Rooting is my favorite hobbie, and with my "worm power", I have many plants comming along, to include camelia, and n ative azelia, Yes, I want some cuttings, they look like "hummer bait", and ugly neighbor screen.Mike

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Mike,
Hummers absolutely love these blosoms, and neighbor....uhhh, I'm lucky most of them are easy on the eyes. lol

Lucky you!!! Mike

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'll send out these fresh cuttings for those interested to root them. Feel free to d-mail me.
Kim

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

This is to "Close" this tread. I thank you, for those responses. I will therefore, mark this vine is NO longer available as of today June 18th 2007.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

man wish i didnt miss this one,oh well maybe next time
good luck to you all

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.