seedling

Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

Not really, since they can get them at any time. Post #3584164, The lily has the color bleeding pattern of a virus.

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi
It has perfect foliage and no other sign of virus will be able to tell when the next flower bud opens. It has two more.

This message was edited Jun 6, 2007 8:16 PM

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

I definitely agree that a virus is present. But also agree that the future flowers will be telling. Patterns would need to be identical, and I don't even see any regularity on this first flower. So, good luck on that.

Although imperfect leaves might be caused by a virus, perfect foliage tells me nothing. After all, Easter lilies are virused with perfect foliage, and you'd never know if the plain old tiger lily (also with perfect foliage) was infected or not.

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Easter lilies and Tiger lilies are virus tolerant . They never show signs of virus until they get a cocktail of virus (several)
Dennis

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Wow, I read that wrong, I had visions of my tiger lilies boozing it up out in my garden, doing things they shouldn't and them, well, showing the effects of it.. I see now what you meant by Cocktail! duh... It's been a long day...

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi
This is my 1rst OT from seed ,started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. From lillyseeds.com

This message was edited Jun 8, 2007 10:37 AM

Thumbnail by declfi
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I bet you were excited about that one! You look to have done a lot of seed starting in 2006. It's neat, the thought of not knowing what it is, until it opens. What fun surprises you have this summer.

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

The asiatic seedlings started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. most are dot.com hybrids from liliyseeds.com
Down facing and cupped very unusual

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Op asaitic
Orange with a few spots

Thumbnail by declfi
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Can you take a pic of this one from the side? http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3591052 Very interesting bloom!

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

HI Moby
Here is the side view

Thumbnail by declfi
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Isn't that funny! Looks like it got confused and pointed up instead of down. You might have a whole new class of lily there. :)

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

It's beautiful!! ;)

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I love it! Very cool.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Spotted lilies have become a favorite in my yard--none of them open yet. I like the way each bloom differs with its pattern of dots. "Tango lilies" are a well known group.

llilyfan loves "spreckled" lilies so much that she endowed a prize at our Iowa Lily Society for the best one. I hope some of mine are blooming on June 23rd so I can take them to the Lily Show.

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

The trumpet seedlings started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. lilyseeds.com
nice bicolor

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

outside of the above

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

The trumpet seedlings started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. lilyseeds.com
Lavender and yellow/green

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

outside of the above
Lavender and yellow/green

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

The trumpet seedlings started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. buggycrazy(lavender frost seedling)

This message was edited Jun 14, 2007 7:13 PM

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

outside of the above
(lavender frost seedling)

Thumbnail by declfi
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

How exciting to see brand new lilies! That first one is especially luscious.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, I agree the first one is deletable!

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

This first year OT had 1 bloom it is HUGH. Started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. llilyseeds.com

Thumbnail by declfi
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Great seedlings! You can't go wrong with Sim's seeds. I'm looking forward to his next offerings.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

What a nice variety of stuff you have there. I love that top trumpet, but the others are precious too.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Wow! What a great bunch of lilies! How exciting to see all your blooms!

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Now there's a typo with consequences!
(Obviously, we all knew which you meant, Janet.)

Deletable and Delectable !!!

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

This first year OT had 1 bloom . Started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. llilyseeds.com
Fragrant

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

slight penciling

Thumbnail by declfi
Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

The asiatic seedlings started in the winter of 2006 and planted out spring 2006. most are dot.com hybrids from liliyseeds.com.
Peachy with spots

Thumbnail by declfi
Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I really look forward to your seedling posts. It's neat seeing what you've gotten from your seeds. Love that second trumpet you posted today.

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

So far, the peach is the one I like best. Very pretty. The white turks cap looks also to be a keeper.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Been watching this thread avidly :) It's really fun to see what can be accomplished with a little work- or alot of work. You must be so proud! They really are very cool.

edited to add- about how many different types seedlings have you grown over the years? I've been looking at past years posts and it seems like you have very good luck with them. If I had very little money to invest in it, what do you think is the best purchase to make? http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3365208 this post in particular made me wonder which lights would be best to invest in. I've got 2 shoplights now suspended over seedlings, and that doesn't seem to do the job.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2007 11:02 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.