Early Bloomer part III or on to mid bloomers...

Lebanon, OR

Yes, and it is not even as clear a pink as in person....

I really like this one and am working on more that have ruffles with same color

D

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

"Congratulations"

Thumbnail by Kelli
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey klgibbs! Welcome to the wonderful world of iris. I didn't register that you might be new here.
That pink is lovely dee. They are so hard to find.
Congratulations to you too Kelli! LOL

Lebanon, OR

So often pink, peach and apricot are all mixed up...but this one is PINK.

Thanks Doss.

D

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

D...I have one pink that is and IB I think, and it actually looks raspberry in some areas, and peachy in others, and pinker in others...I have it planted in several places and it really is strange how the color varies..I have no idea what the name is, but it does vary a lot in the color. And isn't it funny how one can look really pink and you place it next to a different one that is supposed to be pink and one of them all of a sudden looks much peachier than before....lol

Lebanon, OR

For some reason pink, peach, apricot has trouble being what it is or the description PH or something the other color is Lavender and blue...so often will say one and it is another...of course the camera can not always capture what the eye sees either.

Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful Mothers, Iris lovers and gardeners.

D

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

"Oktoberfest" This will probably be the last variety of mine to bloom this year.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

O Kelly , that's a beauty..last of mine blooming now

Thumbnail by jackieshar
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

What I like about these threads is that as things warm up from the southern states, the diff. varieties of iris start and then as you go further north, you get an entire new look at new iris all over again, starting off with new SDBs. Then you get to north o 48th and the season starts all over again for us. One of the joys of DG.

Must not forget the amazing seedlings here that you would never see without actually visiting an iris farm.

Inanda, so happy irises have finally started here.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Taught By Masters. First bloom for me. A gift from a DG member.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Greenwich, OH

A very! pretty! iris.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

What a beauty!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Very pretty!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

WOW is that ever nice
Gloria

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I am enjoying all of your blooms, my few (first year) blooms were finished in April....now my daylilies are putting on a show, but oh! those iris!

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Touched by Masters is gorgeous!!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I have ONE that is still blooming...it is called Good Thing...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I also had many that never came to bloom this year...did anyone else have that problem? I really missed some of mine this year that are normally good bloomers!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Did you get hit by that late freeze Janet?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yep, we got hit pretty hard too!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I'll bet that was the problem. Here's hoping for a more temperate spring in 2008!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That is what I though must have happened, but I really hated it....fortunately though a lot of the Heirlooms I have bloomed for the first time this year and they put on a great show for me...so I really shouldn't complain...lol

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Ah, nature will do what nature will do. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.