Cup and Saucer planter or a cat bed...

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Check out this big cup and saucer planter.
Buy it here, lots of $$:
http://www.yousaytomayto.com/home/accessories/plant-cup.html

Click on 'Plant Cup picture set' for more pics with the cats.

-Kim

Thumbnail by bluekat76
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

wow, I need to sell mine and make some money. In my neck of the woods we call these Texas teacups and I have a colorful version of it which I bought at WM for under $20. I also bought one at the local ceramics shop for $12-15, but with glaze, firing, etc. it cost a bit more.

Here is the one from the ceramic shop, with croton Andrew. It has a slight crack but I'm not ready to get rid of this pot and it's not leaking, so....

This message was edited May 3, 2007 11:52 AM

Thumbnail by vossner
Manassas, VA(Zone 6b)

I saw one of those in Wal Mart a while back - immediately after I had gone through the trouble of finding a bowl and saucer, drilling drain holes in the bowl, and securing it to the saucer with epoxy putty, in order to make a short, fat catnip planter that my friend's cat couldn't knock over. Ironically, I had purchased the bowl and plate at Wal Mart the previous trip there, because they didn't have any appropriate planters on the exact same shelf where the cup-and-saucer ones were the second time.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I got mine at WalMart and I paid 12.99 on sale. I love it and am trying to figure out what to put in it.

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Lovely cups, Ladies! I just love these because they are so unusual, IMO. I bought mine from Wal-mart a couple of months back. I LEAPED on it when I saw it! LOL I think I'll leave the Schlum in there....can't think of another plant that would look better. Can you?

GH

Thumbnail by GrowHappy

Grow, that is exactly the one I have. Then I found a solid yellow one about 1/3 the size at a little nursery and placed them together. I have planted succulents on those.

I think you should yank the schlumb. out of it and sell it for $300, that's a lot of schlumb. money, if you ask me, lol

(Zone 1)

Wow! I LOVE Y'all's Cup & Saucer pots! I have never seen them! I go into our Wal-Mart at least three times each week and they don't have anything like that at all! Did you find these in the Garden Department? Wow! They are too cute! I have a small tin cup/saucer one that I bought through a catalog years ago, but I love those large ones.

I can't believe the price on that one in your link Kim. I have 4 Cats ... and I know at least two of them would love that cup for sleeping! Yikes! What a steep price, though!

With all those cup and saucers, you HAVE to have a teapot! This is a landmark at Martha's Bloomers, a nursery in Navasota, TX. Featured in Southern Living Magazine as one of the top ten nurseries in Texas.

This message was edited May 3, 2007 9:24 PM

Thumbnail by vossner
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

My front porch has soooooo many plants out there, i wouldn't know what to do with a container (other than the one it is growing in)???? Are these for display inside the house??? I love them, but I can barely take care of the plants I have without the 'pretties'.....
gail

Gail, you just made me realizd this forum is INDOOR plants. I keep my teacup planters outdoors. Didn't pay attention, did I?

(Zone 1)

Oh My Goodness Vossner ... That is one HUGE Teapot! Love it! What a great first impression and advertisement for a nursery ... too cute!

I would love to find on of those huge cups/saucers to plant something in ... maybe a Big Aloe! Those are great planters!

Yeah Gail .... way too large for a porch or indoors! I'm curious as to the dimensions on those huge ones! Would make a great dish garden with a variety of plants. I can see some trailing plant cascading over the edge and some colorful plants in the center.

Vos - I love the colorful one with your Schlum in it, but also like the one with the crack that you have Croton 'Andrew' in. If it begins to leak, you could always just use it for a cache pot and put another pottedplant inside. I guess it doesn't matter if it leaks anyway, just provides more drainage. Wonder if the crack gets larger if it can be repaired with caulk or spackling or something?

Anyway, those are neat planters and I love them! Wish I could find something like that at our Wal Mart!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Vossner, you are on the right thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love containers, too!!!! I just can't keep them outside on the porch as anything that holds water is not a good thing down here!!!

Cypress, TX(Zone 9a)

Those teacup planters are too cute! I frequent Wal-Mart at least once a week and always go in through the garden center. My excuse is it is less packed and I'm sticking to it! ;) I have not once seen it at the Wal-Mart in Tomball though. I'd love to get that for my mother-in law! lol

(Zone 1)

Yep ... I'm in Wal-Mart two or three times a week and I have never seen them either! They are so cute, I would really love to find one. Here's a pictue of a small Tin cup & saucer planter that I got through a catalog a few years ago:

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Yeah, Voss, I am imagining all the Schlums and other plants I could buy for $300! LOL I'd have a field day and then some.

I was surprised to find it in Wal-mart, actually. I've never seen anything that unique in Wal-mart. It was the last one, too. I'd love to find a yellow striped one or maybe green.

One of these days, I keep telling myself, I'm going to stop buying so many plants and invest that money into pretty pots for the many I already have. :)

GH

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Our WalMart had a large display of them but I think they are sold out because I didn't see any the last time I was there.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Just wanted to add my pic of my tea cup and saucer....I found it at Goodwill about 5-6 months ago for 3.99...and I am glad that I got it when they put it out as my kitchen is done is sunflowers. I love it.

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Cypress, TX(Zone 9a)

I really like that one, red!

(Zone 1)

These are just soooo cool .... I am gonna be on the lookout for these big cup & saucer planters! Love it!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, Char, I LOVE that one because I LOVE sunflowers! Is that a peace lily ya got growin in there?

I was in Wal-mart tonight and saw mine again. I was a bit disappointed to find the same one. Would love to find a different type.

Cypress, TX(Zone 9a)

Oddly enough, I also visited Wal-Mart today...still no sign of it! Rats! I'd love to get one with mother's day coming up and all.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Growhappy,

Yes that is a peace lily growing in there, I got it at walmart over a month ago and since the plant i had in there as not doing so good, i planted it in a smaller pot...still not doing good, thinking about just putting it in a vase of water and seeing how it does. I will include a pic of her, she has new leaves opening an all but just is droopy and sad looking, how i was before i was on prozac...LOL

Anyway, yes i love my sunflowers as well, I had so many sunflowers stuff, i had to sale some of them on ebay. That way i can always buy more ;o).

Char

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey Char,

It looks like your Aglaonema received too much water. If you could take it out and examine the roots for rot and then cut off any rotted parts. You can start over using a light, well -aerated soil in a clay pot placed inside a plastic one. Aggies generally don't require much water and especially during the winter and early Spring months.

I've always wanted to run through a field of sunflowers.:) I really am fond of the vibrant red sunflowers. They look so warm and inviting.

GH

(Zone 1)

Oh I just love those Cup & Saucer Pots! RedPrincess71, I also love that Cup of yours that has Daffodil's painted on it ... so pretty with that scalloped rim. Don't tell me you found that one at Wal-Mart too?!? Boo Hoo, Why doesn't our Wal-Mart carry anything like that? :) We have three Wal-Mart Supercenters here locally and I'm in one of them at least three times a week! Oh, I would love to have one of those Big Cups!

I agree with GrowHappy, your Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema) in the Daffodil Cup looks like it maybe has received too much water. I have a couple of these plants and only water them every two weeks and I don't give them much water. They seem to like being on the dry side.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.