Repotting Pink Princess Philo

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

It's time for me to repot my Pink Princess. Right now I have it tied to two dowels that I have sunk in its pot in order to keep it growing upright, but it's rapidly outgrowing these accomodations.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it can climb next? I was thinking of making a moss pole or something similar, but I don't really have an idea of how to go about it. Do I just stuff some chicken wire with moss and sink that into a big pot? How big should I make it to accomodate the Philo's growth?

Cincinnati, OH

Let me check, but I think I have an extra moss pole lying around that I am not using. I will let you know!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Don't do the chicken wire with moss inside! I did that and it's a bloody mess!!!!!!!!! The moss falls out of the chicken wire when it's dry. There are some threads on this forum talking about moss poles. I think I started it a few months back......Lots of people had good suggestions.

GH

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Kaykay-- Thanks!

I did a search for 'moss pole' and found a few threads with suggestions. Thanks, GH!

What kind of moss did you use that makes such a mess? Lowe's sells a long-grained sphagnum as 'Orchid Moss' that I was thinking of using, but if it's too messy I don't want to bother.

Otherwise, I was considering a stump or large branch. Has anyone ever tried that?

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I found directions that I am going to use that sound good. Take screen (hardware cloth) rolll hold with wire and stuff with sphagnum moss.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.