Some new ones blooming!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I just love Clematis "Tie Die"..can't wait to post more pics of this one!!...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

One of my most favorites!!..Clematis "Venosa Violacea"..I have two of these as I love them so!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Also known as "Stargazer" ..you can see why I love it sooooooo

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Purpea Plens Elegans"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Comtesse de Bouchard"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Candida"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Niobe"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

My second "Ernest" is still working his majic

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

love this one

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh jeanne, I wish I could see your yard in person .. great pictures, "Venosa Violacea is gorgeous, really striking. BTW what is that red flower in the last photo?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

The red flower is Climbing rosa "Blaze of Glory"..thanks

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

jeanne I think our garden qualifies as a little peace of heaven. Georgeous pictures.

This message was edited Apr 29, 2007 2:35 PM

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

very pretty, I only have one climbing rose (and here I live by the "City of Roses") 'Altissimo' its budded up, just one flower opened this weekend.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Gorgeous! It makes me happy that you live so near me. I aspire to a garden like yours!

Valerie

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Tie Die is a beauty...I have to look for that one!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

How did I miss these pic???!! Love the Tie Die and Stargazer,

Debbie

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Jeanne, every time I look at your pictures, I drool. You must have some of the most beautiful clematis available.

I just started collecting them last year. Let's see, I got 6 last year, and three, so far, this year. I sure hope this isn't an addiction like daylilies. I have about 500 of them. LOL

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks yall..500 Daylilies!!..Your further ahead of those than me..LOL..I just ordered 17 and am awaiting their delivery!!...Jeanne

Libby, MT(Zone 4b)

Jeanne, Your clematis and roses are beautiful as always. I have a question on your Blaze of Glory.
How old is yours and do you like it? Do you get many blooms, is it a a repeat bloomer? I planted one last spring and it is just showing some growth. I'm curious what to expect.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Dig..My climbing Rosa "Blaze of Glory" is three years old and yes I love it..but I really should have planted it in a different place where it would have more room to be honest!! It is a good repeat bloomer..but remember...Climbing roses are like clematis..first year they sleep 2nd creep and 3rd leap..I never judge my rose till I've had them for 3 years...then you see what it is really gonna be like..giving it alfalfa tea once in Spring and again the next month and fertilizing with rose fertilizer (Handful) every 6 weeks and you'll be very pleased with its performance...Jeanne

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

Jeanne,

I just ordered Tye Die from Silver Sta (hopefully she will still have it stock after her show this weekend!). How has it been for you? Very floriferous? I think it's pretty fantastic looking.

Delaware, OH

it will be interesting to see different blooms of this newer introduction. mine is not blooming yet, but when it does i can compare photos. mine has more white in it. people that see my garden always comment on it.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I bought mine from GardenCrossings.com and it was truly magnificent this year..I just hard pruned it again and am letting it grow back up and bloom again...I can easily get three bloom periods from him with my long growing Season..This one really loves alotta sun...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Jeanne, that last combination is just beautiful! The colors really pop.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks hon..I love combining reds and purples and Apricots and Purples...in my gardens...My Husband just adored that one and asked me to please plant more red and purples together...I live with an enabler..LOL...Jeanne

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

The redist one I have blooming is Voluceau.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

The President decided to bloom this year. It is now 8 ft high and reaching for the roof.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Absolutely gorgeous blooms! Jeanne, you definitely live in a little bit of heaven!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Beautiful pictures Jeanne!! I love em all but up here in Michigan we are just starting to see a bloom here and there.! So seeing your pictures lets me drool until I can drool over mine!!!
I did put up 80 running feet of 10'h wood screens for the new clematis I am putting in this year.
I am pretty sure i won't have anything much to show from those for a couple of years. So again your pictures
compensate my desire to see these beauties until my own take hold!!
Your pictures are always a lovely vision!!
Julie

(Zone 4a)

I always look at your photo's in such awe! Just beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"I did put up 80 running feet of 10'h wood screens for the new clematis I am putting in this year."
Thanks yall..I can't wait to see pics Jazzy of that!!..Jeanne

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Jeannie, glad to hear that the clematis really take 3 yrs. to perform well. Some of mine, in their 2nd year are blooming but not that heavily. And I do coddle them with fertilizer and cool roots, and all.

Bees Jubilee which I got from WalMart for $5.00 really put on a show. I got the little plant and grew it in a gallon pot over the summer and planted it in a large container in the fall.

I bought Dr. Ruppel last summer and it still didn't bloom ( paid 20.00 for that one.) Wouldn't you know that Walmart has that one this year for - yup, $5.00. Course you are buying little 3x3x3 pots at Wally world.
Here is Bees Jubilee

Thumbnail by se_eds
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I also got "Proteus" from Wally World last year and it is blooming this spring but is only about 4 feet high.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Another one from 2 yrs ago - but still not a vigorous plant is "Blue Light" - a little more expensive. Hope it grows a little better this year.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

You know JeanneTx, this is all your fault - and I thank you for it!!!!
Yesterday I was looking through the garden center at Wally World and I saw this neat little pot of "Miss Bateman". At $5.00 I couldn't resist.

I was reading some picture forums the other day and saw a cultivar named "ArcticSnow" a gorgeous double. I am going to have to search for that one.

I have a double white - Duchess of Edinburgh" that gets about 6 ft. high and starts to form buds, then wilts and has to be cut back. This is its 2nd year, will give it one more year to see if it straightens itself out. I fertilize it like I do the others and give it a tblsp. Epsom Salts each spring abut it did the same thing last year. Then grew out well in summer and late fall.

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

My first bloom of the season: Snow Queen.

Thumbnail by Meig
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Meig, your Snow Queen is really pretty.

Se-eds, I have a Henryi that had wilt on 1/2 the plant for the first 3 years. This year it is doing just fantastic so I hope it outgrew the problem. Hopefully your Duchess will do the same. You have some beautiful clems, by the way.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Se-eds..LOL..I love being your personal enabler....You will love
Miss Bateman...I have two "Snow Queens" and they truly are a joy..for they are ruffled and huge and bloom off and on all growing season...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Jeanne is the biggest enabler around!! I am thankful for her too. I think I have something like 30-40 clematis now!. Seed you are finding clematis for 5.00?? I need to go back home to PGH for a visit!!

Timnath, CO(Zone 5b)

My Nelly Moser finally has a decent bloom. I moved her to her current location three years ago when I moved to my new house (and I had to leave over 20 varieties of clems :( :( :(

Anyway, she is actually putting on some growth this year and this is her first nice bloom. I had a bud earlier but it wilted :/

Thumbnail by Meig

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.