Oh yeah baby! I scored 3 more heuchera!

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I've been wanting Marmalade, so I got that, but when I saw Midnight Rose, I practically drooled on myself! Also got Snow Angel. 3 more down, ??? to go... ;-) Tamara

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Ohh, I want both of those!! Where ya buying em?

Debbie

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

At Home Depot! Even my local garden center didn't have them! Tamara

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I think I lost my Midnight rose,,,,waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh, that stinks! I lost some plants too over the winter. :-( Tamara

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

NO way!!! Home Depot??? I'll give it a shot!!

Thanks

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Me too!

MollyD

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Me 3

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

I stopped at a local nursery and found Marmalade and Lime Rickey at $12.99 each. If HD doesn't have them when I go I'll backtrack and get them at the nursery. A bit high but then no shipping charges.

I went back to Walmart today and got two more Plum Puddings. This time they had a whole bunch of them out. Also had Purple Prince (and it looks just like Palace Purple to me!). They said that everyday they put out new plants so that means I have to pop in there everyday just about.

They had some Clematis for under $5. if anyone is interested.

MollyD

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Looks like I need to go to Walmart! Midnight Rose is on my list too, but No HD close, shoot!

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

Yee haw! I just got Dolce Creme Brulee! Now I need Green Spice, Pewter Veil, Lime Rickey, etc, etc, etc. hehe Tamara

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Just ordered about 5 from Eminence Meadows, can't wait to get them.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

zone5 where did you make your score?
Nanny I stopped by our Home Depot and they only had Purple Palace. Seems they all get different stuff to sell.

GG what did you order? Nosy minds want to know -LOL

I posted this on another thread but I got 5 today! Marmalade, Lime Rickey, Chocolate Ruffles, Snow Angel and Peach Flambe.

MollyD

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I already forgot what I ordered except French Quarter was on there,,,lol Oh, and I ordered another Midnight Rose. Seems the squirrels got mine. oh, Georgia Peach and I can't remember the last 2

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

I haven't seen pictures of Midnight Rose or French Quarter but I have seen Georgia Peach and it really is...a peach! Okay so I lied when I said there weren't many I still want to get!

MollyD

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I got it at a nursery by my house. I love that place! It's little, and it mainly caters to people who are looking for already-put-together containers. But the cool thing is that they sell small pots of the plants they use in their containers. Besides the heuchera, I got 3 varieties of coleus, burgundy dracaena, Diamond Frost euphorbia, Limelight licorice plant, and Callie Rose Star calibrachoa. Tamara

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

I miss those little nurseries (and stores) where you could find that unquie item you didn't even know existed. Nowdays it's almost all malls and when I can find a small store their prices are so much higher than the mainline stores that I can afford to shop at them (sigh). The good old days are gone I guess.

MollyD

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

We are lucky to have a few of them around here.

I ordered from www.eminencemeadows.com If you go their they have a ton of Heuchs with pics, check them out. They also have hostas and daylily's

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

GG-Been there the last few days. I haven't placed an order with them yet waiting to see if I could find what I wanted locally, no waiting or shipping charges added! Emminence will be my last resort. Someone gave me their link thinking that since they were here in NYS I'd be close to them! They're about 5 hrs from me :-)

MollyD

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Kelly, have you ordered from them before? Do you know how big they'll be? The only thing keeping me from ordering from them is the 15.00 min shipping. They do have a good selection tho.

Debbie

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Molly,
5 hrs is way too long with these gas prices.

Debbie,
Yes, I've ordered from them before, they don't send the biggest Heuch, but they are very nice with good root system and very healthy looking. I've been happy with them.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

GG,

And it's not even highway miles where you could hope for better milage. I think if I buy from them it would be mail order. I guess when buying by mail small and healthy is better than large and weak.

MollyD

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Molly,
Absolutely.

Aumsvile, OR(Zone 8a)

I ordered Heucheras from Eminence Meadows last year and they were beautiful plants. So I ordered Mystic Angel, Georgia Peach and French Quarter this week. They look gorgeous, can't wait. Most of my heuchera have sort of exploded this Spring. But I moved some of them where they got some sunshine last fall. I am in Western Oregon and we have had rain 'of and on'.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Thanks Kelly and rosie!!! I think I'll order some!! Like I need more to plant!!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Um baja, you're welcome, I hope?,,,LOL

This message was edited May 3, 2007 9:33 AM

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

LOL Kelly!! I went to 5 different nursery in search for Heucheras and found nothing!!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

sheesh, that's silly of them to not have heuchs, don't they know there's holics out here.

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

baja,

get your phone book out and call first. You'll save time and gas money!

MollyD

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I went to Home Depot up here in Laffayette, Indiana and found some heuchera. I got Dolce Creme de Mint. I was going to get a couple others, one was called Canyon melody and the other Canyon duet. I pulled out one pot of each and put them side by side. They looked identical to me. I called my DD and DGD over and asked them if these were the same and they said yes. LOL

So I didn't get either one.

There are a bunch of different varieties at a little plant stand called D&R that I am going to go back to later in the week and pick up several different heuchera and a bunch of other great perennials. Hoping I can get the car all packed up after picking up 20 daylilies on Friday.

Susan
=^..^=

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

Only 20 Susan? You can get those and another 20 into your car easy! Just bring them home bare root. I've brought home 50 bare root at a time. Was very tired by the time I finished planting them all (took 3 long days) but you can hold them in water in the shade till you get them all planted. Just don't put them in the trunk!! The sun magnifies the heat in there to well done!

MollyD

Figured wrong, it is 26, LOL, I am going to have them in a plastic bin inside the car. They are bareroot and will have been freshly dug on Friday. Figured I would put them in water until I can get them a good place ready. I'm sure I will be really energetic on Sunday after that 12 hour drive. LOL

wanna see what I'm getting?

www.rainbowhilldaylilyfarm.com

Bright & Bold coll., Doubles coll., Dwarf mini doubles coll.,
Individuals: Highland Lord, Baby Fresh, Cabbage Flower, D. Anderson wine seedling, Karen Sue, Little Rainbow, Super Purple and Pony.

Susan
=^..^=

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Susan,
Your annual shopping trip at your daughters. It doesn't seem that soon already. Hope you have another car full when you come back.

Kelly

No worries.....ROFLMBO

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Didn't think so,,,,lol

Falls Church, VA

rosie - You have inspired me to order from Eminence Meadows. I didn't want to pay the shipping, but I can't resist the French Quarter Heuchera, and I don't see it anywhere else. It's beautiful! Thanks!

I was insspired last year and I am going to order as soon as I get home. LOL
May have to have French Quarter too. LOL

Susan
=^..^=

Guess what I got yesterday??? A really big Marmalade. I went to visit Mary Jo (mariajose) here in Lafayette yesterday. It is so much fun to visit another DG person cause she is 'nearly' as crazy about plants as I am. LOL

Anyway after buying my lunch we went to D&R the place I am going to today to get the rest of my plants to bring home....and she bought a really big Marmalade heuchera for me. Wow!!

I also found a Guardian Angel and Mystic Angel heuchera that I will get today. Really BIG, I am so excited. There are a couple of others too, but I can't remember the names right now. I will post pictures when I get home.

I noticed that Eminence has Guardian Angel and Mystic Angel but they would be small and more expensive. These are in gallon pots and are at least a foot tall and wide. and they are $7.99.

Talk later, tomorrow is the 12 hour drive home. ugh.....

Susan
=^..^=

Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

So Susan,
How are you going to carry our plants home with you so you can ship them to us ? LOL I just need Guardian Angel and Mystic Angel here!

MollyD

*grin* how am I going to get my own plants home when I can't control myself with buying them.

You don't realize how stuffed I get my car on this return trip. LOL

Susan
=^..^=

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.