Let's See clumps! part 2

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, that name is great!! LOL I have a couple of shots of some new ones..I will post later...I will have to find Decadence!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Denise has Decadence at Snow Peak Iris and Daylilies.
http://www.snowpeakiris.com/iris2000/navpage.htm

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Doss!!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Now you can spend a lovely time figuring out what else she has on her site to sell. :-)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, yes, I am sure...lol. I have got to get everything I have planted too....I am soo behind!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, Janet S. I, too, am holding a number of things in pots and yet I am working on my next wish list. I plant things, but not as fast as I order them!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I am sorry to admit that I lost the tags and don't know the name. But this is one of favorite clumps this week!

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

And this is my favorite especially since it blooms the earliest for me. Don't know this name either! The yellow in the background is an ice plant that blooms year round for me.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Beautiful iris, especially the peach one. And great Ice Plant, too. Where is La Luz. I think I knew once but no longer remember. I am in Los Alamos.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Actually I live just on the edge of Alamogordo, about 3 miles out of La Luz. I am about 20 minutes from Cloudcroft, you probably recall where that is? And 20 minutes from White Sands. So I am in the desert. I used to live in Roswell and helped the Iris society president at that time get her yard ready for the garden show. It was great fun and she wanted to pay me, I said "just let me have some rhizomes!" I moved most of them with me in 2000 when we moved here. But unfortunately in the moving I lost the tags. I can recall some of the names but not these!

These started to bloom a couple of days ago and the dark one is Dusky Challenger--I think?!!

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

All are beautiful! I love that last one, will have to have that one too one day!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Now, I remember La Luz. I have been to Roswell and Alamogordo, but probably not La Luz. Your irises are magnificent. You did well taking your pay in rhizomes. I, too, have Dusky Challenger and it is one of my favorites. It is hard to find a more intense color anywhere. Your whole garden is lovely. Your season is earlier than ours. So far I have no blooms on my iris, but I can see buds. In a week or two I will have them.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

That dark purple one certainly could be Dusky Challenger. It blooms late in the season for me but you are probably well into that in New Mexico. I LOVE that iris and it's one I wouldn't be without.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, whenever you get ready to divide those clumps...LOL I will be first in line...Dusky Challenger is on my list!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I am not dividing that clump this year. I do have some that I will though but my daughter just moved into a new house and wants all my "extras" sorry!

La Luz is the little village to the north of Hwy 82 to Cloudcroft, I actually live to the south back towards Alamogordo. Yes, our season is a bit earlier than Los Alamos. We get a really mild winter and rarely get snow, but we did get some this past winter. I am happy to have found this forum, just joined Dave's as a subscriber. I can tell it is addictive!

Any ideas on the name on that peach one? LOL!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome cactuspatch. Glad to have you here.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I don't blame your daughter, that is wonderful! I wish my daughter would take an interest in gardening, we could have so much fun! Welcome to Dave's and YES it is addictive, and we are enablers....LOL Your gardens are lovely!

I have one that is almost the same peachy color...I will take a picture...it is one I got from a friend with no id...sorry...but I love the color! Yes, Doss, same friend...lol all of her mother's Iris are here!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I am so glad I found this forum. I have gardened since I was 3--yes my Dad had me planting trees with him at 3! And my daughter has always tagged along with me, then she was "above" it all for a few years ,but she is settled down and in her first new home so she is back to gardening again.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's a little clump of Kool Knight - glad that you are having a good time cactuspatch. It's really fun to find a community where no one gets bored about gardening.

Thumbnail by doss
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

I love those. I can tell I am going to love just perusing all the photos here.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Doss, I love that Kool Knight.

Cactus, welcome to Dave's. Be careful, it is VERY addicting! In that one unnamed clump picture, that's a beautiful rose, too!

Lots of mine are blooming this week, but I don't have a camera, and all of mine are unnamed, even though they had names when I got them ;)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Flowrlady - good for you. I think that sometimes the names get in the way of the pure appreciation of the flower - although I'm a name junky. It's hard when you have a lot close and have to divide - sometimes the fans run into each other and you can't tell who's who.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

If I only have 3--I plant them 6 inches apart on the top of the mound in a circle. I put them a bit closer together if I keep 4-6 roots on a bigger mound.

No buds on the dwarfs yet or the Intermediates. I hope the TBs recover or it could be a sad year.

Doss, right! So then you can give it a name you like... because what you thought was something, might not be!!

Wanda, I worried about the cold weather and m ine, too, but mine proved me wrong, and they're beautiful this year. Good luck to you, too!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Flowerlady, thanks for the welcome. There are 4 roses in that photo I think? The mini yellow one is covered with blooms when I took that shot. I have found that roses and iris do really well with almost no care so I just plant more of them! I am in the process of writing down all the names because I can tell I will get asked that on these boards.

Yep. Everyone wants to know the real name so they can find one for themselves... Aren't we all good enablers to each other?

The picture I'm talking about above is your Post #3444003

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Yes that rose is lovely. I have 3 of them planted along the porch. It is called Sorbet Bouquet, got it from Jackson & Perkins about 4 years ago I think? Here is another photo of them, you can tell that the center one is always more lush for some reason. That bay window is where my kitchen table sets so I always have a view of the blooms!

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

What a beautiful place you have. And your roses are stunning!

What a wonderful view! It is so pretty. I know it gives you lotsa hours of pleasure.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Dorothie, KOOL KNIGHT is gorgeous. Is that from Cooley's? If not - - from where?

Here is a clump view from the top of GRAND CANYON GOLD (a novelty iris). Notice all the 4 petaled irises? 4 standards, 4 style arms and beards, and 4 falls. All are equally balanced and none are lopsided.

Since the top terminal bud is the one that has the 4-4-4- factor (all the rest are normal 3 petaled) a photograph from above is the best way to view them in a picture.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I love that one!!! Beautiful!! Here is a clump of Siberian...I think they are Snowcrest?

Thumbnail by JanetS
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Wow! That GC gold is wonderful. UH oh! Now I need to order some! LOL!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Margie, I got Kool Knight from BlueJ. I'd send it to you but we're quarantined because of a new moth and can't send plants out of the area.

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Hey Dorothie,
Here is a clump of Hello Darkness that just opened up yesterday. They almost glow in the dark, and of course the camera doesn't do them justice.
Diane

Thumbnail by 1gardengram
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Glad to see your magnificent clump of Hello, Darkness! I have that one and it has its first bud right now. I can't wait to see it. I hope it is as nice as yours.

Gram, Hello, Darkness! is really beautiful. I like frilly.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Diane, I love Hello, Darkness. It's an oldie but a goodie

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks all. I was a little nervous about the ID, but you have confirmed what I felt was correct. It's so hard to get the colors right in a picture.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

"Spot of Tea"

Second iris to bloom here

Thumbnail by grannymarsh

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.