Looking for lipstick plant

Ocean Springs, MS

Does anyone have a rooted piece of lipstick plant they might share? Dmail me and we'll try to work out a trade. thanks, julie

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Hi Julie,I have some rooted cuttings off of my frostfire lipstick plant I can share.What do you have in mind for a trade?
Nancy

Westminster, CO(Zone 5a)

I also have some rooted cuttings.

Not sure what cultivar, it was a gift long ago, but you could have some for postage.

oldpepper

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Nancy, do you have a pic of your frostfire in bloom or can you describe it? You've got my curiosity piqued!

I also have rooted cuttings that are full of blooms!

GH

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

GH Its not in bloom now but I can take a pic of it anyway.I think I might have a pic of it blooming in an amaryllis picture I took awhile back.It was blooming in the background.I will go see if I can find it.....

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Well I can't find the pic so I just went and snapped a new one LOL .It only has one bloom open so far but it is really loaded with buds so it should put on quite a show soon.

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

GH did you say you have rooted cuttings that are full of blooms?Pics... Pretty Please???

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello, Is there anyone interested in doing a trade with me for a slip of your lipstick plant, I would love try my hand at such a pretty plant....

Thanks and please let me know,

Char

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I've never known the Cv. name, just that it's a lipstick. It's a very reliable bloomer. I've had this cutting in water since last Fall and this is the second time it's bloomed. I added a lil fertilizer to the water over a month ago, so it did have some help! :)

Edited to say that there is a goldfish plant cutting on the other side of the glass. This one, however, is a bit stubborn. It's never bloomed for me!

GH

This message was edited Apr 22, 2007 7:58 AM

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Same plant, blooming this past December(no fertilizer!)

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Eagle, ID

I am feeling like a loser!. I have two lipstick plants, and they have never bloomed. What does it take to get them to bloom? They are both healthy and have plenty of light. Any ideas?

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Amazing GH.And on a cutting too..Thats really neat and has never happened for me.You are sure a little miss greenthumb!

Rustyswoman,Have you ever fertilized them?That might ne all they need to spur them into bloom.A few of mine were lagging behind and a little fertilizer is all it took.

Eagle, ID

You know cedarnest, I rarely fertilize them! They always look so good that I didn't even worry about that. I will do that and see if it helps. Thank you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.