Daily Pic's_ Page 8

Melbourne, FL

My only post for the night, one of my Woodpeckers.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Marlton, NJ

Tufted Titmouse

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Carolina Wren and Chickadee

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

White Throated Sparrow and Starling

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Nice pic GP.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Good ones Pelle! Looks like it was "pairs" day. :)
Deb

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Yesterday both the Great Tits were checking out the nest box, the Blue Tits must have all flown but I did see one go to the box briefly soon after as if it was feeding a baby.

The male Great Tit was sat on a branch above while she did some preparation, they both went in and out of the box and pecked around the hole. I guess they will be nesting there, talk about full at the inn!

Here's the next occupants

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Marlton, NJ

Their really cute! Nice pic wallaby!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I noticed another "new" dove in the yard yesterday. I think this is a white wing dove.

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures

I got a lot of pics of the Great Tits, thanks pelletory! I'm pleased they weren't going to bully the Blue Tits, there has been a Great Spotted Woodpecker around for weeks too, it goes from tree to tree but was starting on this nest box, the hole has been widened a little. They might be next! Must provide more boxes.

It was a Mallard Duck day yesterday too, I spotted them in a hurry going past my front window, I grabbed the camera and got the male close to the kitchen window. You can see the water drops on his underside, he comes out like he's superimposed!

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Nice dove UniqueT! I have some but don't really know what sort they are.

The male Mallard was leading the way, in a hurry like most males, the female was having trouble keeping up. They headed off between the beds and down the bank to the back garden, she waited for him to do whatever a male mallard does, then they went to the path and out the gate! Headed back up the bank on the other side, back down between the beds and to the water.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Mrs Mallard was in control by now, she stopped to look behind the gate, his gaze followed hers, could it be they were looking for a love nest?

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Come along dear, time to look somewhere else........

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Marlton, NJ

Nice pic of the dove Janet!

Very sweet Mallards wallaby!

Whatever you say ducky, the water's edge is always a nice place to settle........

(can you tell it's cold and I'm bored!)

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Wallaby, you may be bored, but we benefit from that - great shots of the Mallards and also of the gardens!

It's cold here, too - 36 degrees, darn it. I'd been leaving some little Fuchsia starts outside since it had been staying in the mid 40's - haven't had the courage yet to see if they survived the night.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much Murmur, it was supposed to be up to 17C today, 63F, it was sat at 13C, around (55F) which with sun would be lovely, but it's cloudy with a chill wind. Could be worse! I have so much to do and need the sun, or at least no winds.

See those primroses still blooming away!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Wallaby,

It looks as though that Mallard Male would follow her wherever she goes. Your yard is beautiful. Here's hoping that your day is warm and sunny!

Janet

female cardinal on the feeder yesterday

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

In the above photo, it looks as though she's trying to tell me to put more of those sunflower seeds in there. I'd actually put them in about 15 minutes before the photo was taken. One of the squirrels has chewed out a fairly good size hole in that plexiglass. I tried putting a piece of a 1" dowel in that hole to plug it up, but either the squirrels or the birds moved it out right away, causing all of the seeds to come tumbling out. The doves love that since they feed from the ground.

Here's the Mourning Dove eyeballing the fallen seeds.

Clever little creatures!

The dove has lovely soft colours, great shot!

Still waiting for sun, may have to brave it anyway!

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

Common Goldeneye, two males.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

Female Common Goldeneye

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Great Goldeneye. I saw a pair of these for the first time this year. There were many female common mergansers on the other side of the lake yesterday, all fighting over who should be on the top of a stump. They were getting downright mean over it. I wish I had a video on the spotting scope, it was quite the show.
Walaby, It is funny watching ducks. I too, sometimes can "read" their minds. It is funny to say outloud what you think they are quacking. We once watched a male goose nag his spouse to get back on the nest. All she wanted was a few minutes to stretch and preen and eat. He was having none of it. We were translating the honks for some friends who were watching. We were all in stitches after a short while.
Here is a picture of an almost squirrel proof feeder. I like that he looks like he is hanging from his tail like a monkey.
What do you think he is saying?

Thumbnail by cpartschick
Marlton, NJ

Great pics guys!

The Goldfinch are having way too much competition for thistle since the Junco's are still around.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

Carolina Wren

Thumbnail by pelletory
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

That wren sure looks better on the mesh feeder than my squirrel!

Marlton, NJ

c, I had the no no feeder in a tree at first but the squirrels were bending the wires so badly on it that I had to get it back on the baffled pole.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Gras: Those Goldeneye's are amazing looking creatures.
Cparts: I think that squirrel's cousin lives in my yard. I also have an "almost" squirrel proof feeder! :)
Pelle: I'm so envious of your Goldfinches!
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Melbourne, FL

Just got this shot of the Great Crested Flycatcher, who came around again today....this time I did see a second Flycatcher also.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Second shot.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

cpartschick, I was surprised to hear you didn't see your FIRST Common Goldeneye, until this year. Because, they were common during the winter when I was growing up a little to the west of you, near Ludington, Michigan.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Grasmussen, I think that because most of the ducks are further out in the water, that at a glance I thought they were hooded mergansers. So I am sure they may have been out there, but not noticed by me. It is always fun to see a new one. You just have to be looking at the right time.
Looks like the "blues" are back early. They usually do not show up here until after nesting. This one was fishing right out in front of my kitchen window.
The old mesh feeder is not coon proof either. We have to take it in at night. The masked bandits can untie even the strongest wire and carry it half way down the bank, opening it for the prize of a meal. They have bent the top so many times, it is ready to break.

Thumbnail by cpartschick
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

A mixed flock.

American Wigeon, Canada Goose, Mallard, Northern Pintail.

They were so cooperative in following instructions to pose, for their portrait. LOL. Just a lucky accident.
Warm weather for the last week. Ice is going out fast. We usually get a warm spell when the east coast goes into the deep freeze. Migratory water foul are starting to trickle in.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

A pair of American Wigeon.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Marlton, NJ

GP, Nice pics of the flycatcher.

Gras, Really like those AW's.

The American Wigeons look so cute!

My couple were enjoying the sun yesterday, directly out my lounge window at the top edge of the water bank. They ambled on down to their favourite resting spot, these must be the same couple I get every year, they seem to be very much at home!

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Awesome pics everyone....Great ducks grasmussen, super flycatchers and WP GP!, and those sweet goldfinches pelle.. awe! Your getting some great shots in too Janet :-)! What about that little hummer of yours tigerlily, adorable!

Been out working in the yard and I'm coming up for air, lol! Did y'all miss me?

Saw the first Scissortail of the year this morning... we had a place reserved for him under the shopping center lights near here.. They hang out there and get their meals on the wing, so you won't see them at feeders.

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Here he is flying off..... gotta love these guys!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

When I drove up to the house there was a momma Eu Collard coaching her baby who has just left the nest... I am opening the side gate so she can manuver the little baby into my back yard if she wants to show it where some food is..

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

The Robins really like my little water feature here....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.