Snow Flurries - Good Grief

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Is it spring yet !

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Picture of my watergarden water fall this morning.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

oops! doublepost!

This message was edited Apr 8, 2007 10:33 AM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Sheep! You guys have a great imagination!

Ladyg........ Looks like it's poking it's head up and taking a look around,

We got another 8-10" of snow since yesterday. It's starting to pile up.

My backyard--Easter Sunday-2007

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Alexandria, VA(Zone 7b)

We just got a dusting of snow Friday night, but it's still pretty cold. It's too early to assess the damage, alot of the foliage on the leafing out JMaples looks wilted. The dahlias in the container plantings are goners, too (what was I thinking?), but most of the newly emerging & recently planted perennials look ok. Keeping my fingers crossed...Linda

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful snowy scenes, everyone....If it was Christmas......

So far, Baltimore itself has not had any snow. Very cold--yes! Last night was in the high 20's. Today's high was 41*. NOT a good Easter Sunday. I bet all the retailers are crying in their beer. This HAS TO be a huge loss to all retailers! You know how all that goes. They will just add $1 to everything to recover their loses. And--we will pay.......

It is sad driving around and seeing all the dead Magnolia flowers. Just hanging limp and gray. They are made up of stuff like a Begonia bloom. All water. Those always pay the price.

I have had my 12" out of ground Bleeding Hearts covered for the 3rd day now. Just put big pots over them and a brick on top. Also my Peonies, which have all started leafing out. There's nothing else I need to worry about in my Garden. My Roses--I pruned them about 10 days ago. They are OK. Just small leaves.

All of you witht he snow----it is also a good insulator from the cold air. I hope all your stuff makes it through OK.

Early Bloomer---I STILL think your picture looks like a flock of white, wooly sheep grazing by the river. Hart, thank you for also having a "gifted eye"....:o) C'mon the rest of you! Where's all your imagination???? Go back and look at it again!!! They even have legs!

Gita

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.