Gel2Root

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Anybody heard of this stuff? I bought some at Menards today, and I put a cutting in it. This will be my first attempt at propagating a cutting :) Its basically just a kind of gel that you stick the cutting in. You dont need water or fertilizer.

I actually got the cutting in a somewhat unusual way. I was at work yesterday taking out the bakery trash and I saw the trash from the floral department. I noticed there were roses in the bag so I opened it, and there were some -gorgeous- yellow roses! They looked fresh and were still in bloom (big fat blooms!). So I took one and got a cutting from it. I hope it works :D I also took a lovely tulip that has purple petals edged in cream.
If I could find my digital camera, Id take a picture of the bloom and the Gel2Root stuff.

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7a)

No but I was looking for some thing like that . Its called Celluwet. I need it to get my Camellias started. Let me know how it does. Its suppose to be good stuff. I have never seen any Gel type of rooting hormone here. Its suppose to be better since its a Gel. It clings on to the stem. -
Kathryn

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I've used gels to root before (there are a variety of brands and companies that make them). What I like about them is you don't have to watch the moisture level on the medium. I don't use it for easy to root stuff (too expensive) but have used it and like it for "trickier" stuff.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Bip!

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.