Time to wash the house plants.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Got up today and decided that I really needed to scrub and wax the floor, and since I needed to move all the plants to do that I might as well groom and wash them while I was at it. Whatever is small enough to sit on the table went up where I could get a good look at it, and make it easier for me to groom. Then into the shower. The Fiscus tree (sp) on the right also got groomed and showered. How many different plants can you see in this picture?

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here they all are back where they belong all nice and clean. Well most of them are clean I have three that are just too awkward to get into the shower they will have to wait until it warms up enough to hose them down out on the patio.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's a few shots closer up. The Peace plant is flowering, you can see one in the picture and there is another just coming that hasn't broken thru the leaves yet.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The Elephant watering can belongs to my Grandson Jr, he's 3 and was very unhappy when he showed up this afternoon and I wouldn't let him water the plants. I just couldn't explain that they didn't need more water after their shower.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

One last shot of the corner grouping.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

quite a garden there! look very healthy

North Augusta, ON

Beautiful plants. Is that a bougainvillea I see?????? I keep trying them but they die every winter......what's your secret?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes that's a bougainvillea. My house plants get lots and lots of very special care. ( Can you see me rolling on the floor laughing?) LOL...... I have 18 ft of floor to ceiling glass facing South. I just pot them up set them in front of the windows, and throw water at them every so often. Surprises me that I haven't killed more of them.

This message was edited Mar 18, 2007 8:30 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's a close-up.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Your plants are spectacular Holly.You can sure tell they are well loved.Ohhhh sooo Beautiful : )
Nancy

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I have to get me a bougainvilla, how pretty.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I think I'm going to try and Propagate some this summer and my Jasmine, too. I'm also going to do a major hack job on the Jade and the Rubber Tree. If anyone is interested I make sure you get pieces of whatever I have.

(Zone 1)

Holly: What a Wonderful Indoor Jungle you have there! Everything looks Happy and Healthy! I find that a lot of my plants thrive on neglect ... some, I think, even prefer it! I just mailed my one and only Bougainvillea to another DG'er this morning! I Love the Blooms, but DESPISE the Thorns! And, the bigger they get, the longer the thorns! They are beautiful plants, but some growing outside down her can be down right dangerous if you come into contact with those sometimes 2 Inch long thorns! I found that Bougie's like to be root bound and don't really need fertilizer and they will just bloom their hearts out!

Love your Indoor Oasis!

Lin

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

nice variety of healthy plants! my peace lily looks just like that and is flowing also.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I used to shower with my house plants when I lived in MN, now I put my house plants out in the showers ;-)

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

WOW, Dale, what are they?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Are there 8 with a grey kitty in the background? Hmm.. I SPY.....

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Lou, You are very close 9 plants and one kitty. There is a Chinese Evergreen behind the Peace Plant and you may have not noticed the white stripe on the leaves in the back. Yes that is Sassy my very old and blind cat sitting on the back of the couch.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Darn! I almost went back to look and say 9! Because of the white stripe!! I am so new to houseplants,,,, I think I should get the runner up prize!! Just kidden!

Oh, I should say : Just kiss the kitten !

Very Pretty Plants and KItty>

Oh, heck,, just kiss all of them for me. I am a mushy one.

Have a great week!
thanks for the fun post. Mary.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is Sassy on one of her favorite perches. She's a sweet old cat.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Awe,, she does look sweet. Thanks for the close up.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

With all my plants in the shower there isn't room enough for me :~) So while I and my plants both shower we have to do it seperately LOL.

Lana

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

dale, that is unbelievably beautiful.....are those begonias of some kind???

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

My last post was a begonia photo from last spring. I never remember the names, since it is not my yard. I used to love houseplants, now I garden with them and I just go around town taking photos of things that I find interesting. Like this-

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

WOW! That sure is unique. Beautiful!

Lana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.