post your irises

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

close-up - a bit like my favorite "Georgia O'Keefe" painting...

I love white flowers too Marie!

Thumbnail by mrsj
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow I would like to be staring at that now. :o)

Pueblo West, CO

My Iris that is in my pond just started blooming.
Wow, love everybodies Iris pics.

Thumbnail by SUNNYAZ
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sunny that is gorgeous. Is that one of those Louisiannna varieties?

Pueblo West, CO

Yes, It is called Black Gamecock. I have one that I got a start of last year called Ann Chowning that will be blooming any day now.

Thumbnail by SUNNYAZ
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

See this is why I need a pond .

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Here a new one today...jazzed up ?

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

oooops ! forgot the pic.

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Pueblo West, CO

Beautiful

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

This one I haven't got a clue what it is. It must have been a bonus I received.

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sandy I love that deep color!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful pink!

Tucson, AZ

beautiful blooms ladies. wow! we could have a plant swap just to trade iris bulbs. LOL

Tucson, AZ

the girls are putting on a show this morning!

Thumbnail by tucsonplumeriaz
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Sandy, you have so many irises, must be quite a sight to see!

Detrick, she sure likes you, looks awesome!

Here's poorman, not a first day pic so the color is washed a bit, he's more blue as he opens.

Thumbnail by azreno
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

This little guy opened Sunday. I seem to be heavy on purple right now. D your gals are looking great!! Party time at D's house :o)

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Azreno,
Really I don't have that many, 44 to be exact, but every one is a different cultivar. I'm adding more this year and ordered a few more of my favorites . It is exciting to get a new flower almost every day but I think they would look better if I had them in groups of three...maybe next year.
What's up with this wind ...my irises are going sideways.?

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I wonder how long till the winds reach us?

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Hoping they don't. They are suppose to get to 50mph and there are clouds coming in.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

One of my drivers just came in and said it is windy outside. Hopefully we do not get 50mph winds

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

44? Yeah, not too many lol

It's windy here :(

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Considering my goal is 300 I've got a ways to go. Just haven't figured out where to hide them...(long story)

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

44 puts my 5-6 to shame :o) Let's hear that long story.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Are irises your latest 'addiction', Detrick ? LOL.

Good gardening

Rodica

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Let's just say, I don't want to take advantage of a good situation here. I don't pay water....
So now, how do you hide hundreds of irises ?

Crossville, TN

OK! OK! All of you have made me want my Iris to BLOOM....and you all have lovely Iris.....BUT....

I'm getting up a raiding party to tip toe into Betterblooms' garden some night and help our selves to one of EACH! Who wants to go along?

I will not COVET! I Will not COVET!

Jo

Tucson, AZ

rodica - come on now! LOL you know i'm not addicted. haha! actually, i've had most of them since the plant swap at indian steele (sp?) park. they make a nice foliage plant, too.

Tucson, AZ

jo - pick me up on your way over to blythe. haha!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Just don't blink or you'll miss it.... People hear are not into gardens, they think Iam the weird one ! Could you believe I offered a co-worker a few of my iris babies and she didn't want them......?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Two beauties blooming this morning!

Thumbnail by mrsj
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Marie - this close-up is for you!

Thumbnail by mrsj
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Beautiful color, Audrey. Mine bloomed this morning and I did not have a chance to take a picture.
I will take it today and post it tomorrow.

Good gardening

Rodica

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

That yellow one is fantastic!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah what Lynn said!!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

thanks ladies - the yellow and white is either "Joyce Terry" or "Total Recall", I made the mistake of buying two that were quite similar......but what the heck, 2's better than 1...right?

Tucson, AZ

audrey - that top view makes it look somewhat carnivorous. LOL the color is electric!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

it is, isn't it Detrick? I can't wait for all the others to show off their colors! I planted about 30 last fall and they all settled in and have grown large and heathy! I can see some new flower stems starting all over the garden...so I am thinking this is going to be quite a show for a few weeks!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Well, only one new one today...pretty blue, but don't even know which one it is.

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

That one is pretty it has a really soft look to it. Cannot wait to see what opens next.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

lovely!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.