post your irises

Tucson, AZ

this is my first iris of the season. just opened this morning.

Thumbnail by tucsonplumeriaz
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Very pretty... I won't have any iris this season, they are brand new in the ground...
Brittany

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

My irises were planted last year too so I will not have any flowers this year either.

Good gardening

Rodica

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Well I thouht this was new but maybe not?

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Tucson, AZ

marie - that's beautiful! i was out hand pollinating the yellow one this morning.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow D, I'm jealous, no blooms here :(

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Beautiful!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Most of mine have bloomed already, or getting ready to. Here's city lights, which just bloomed in December, and is blooming again.

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Here's spiced custard, blooming now....

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sandy that one is beautiful!!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Here are two of my favorites that bloomed last week. This one is Man on the town.

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

And the last for today, lip service.

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Tucson, AZ

hey sandy, are you into irises? LOL those are some pretty blooms. i can't believe you're have been blooming all this time. nice job!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Am I into irises ? Yes, and callas and day lillies.... (for now) Mine were all planted last summer, and started blooming in December.

Phoenix, AZ

Well, I have 1 Iris that Sam gave me it's growing really well. No sign of a bloom yet tho.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

It may surprise you..did you give it some fertilizer ? I've been just watering everything with Miracle -Gro . I've also got my callas blooming.

Phoenix, AZ

Not a "true" iris but it was nice to see this in bloom this morning.
milos

Thumbnail by milos
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Milos that is georgeous!! Mine still have yet to bloom.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow, Betterbloom, not only are the blooms fantastic, your photos are awesome! Those should be mounted and framed! Really beautiful.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

This beauty was blooming when I returned from NY in February which was a pleasant surprise, none of my others are blooming yet, of course this is their first year in the ground so I am not expecting anything......they are full and green though and fit in nicely with all the daylilies!

audrey

Thumbnail by mrsj
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

mrsj: I love the yellow, a very joyous color.
I was very bad and lost track of what was planted where, so don't know the names of these two. And do I love irises ? Mine have babies already and I am splitting them up after blooming. By next year I should have around 300 irises, hopefully !

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

and one more....

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Phoenix, AZ

mrsj... a very nice iris and good pic. betterbloom. Your iris are fantastic. One of my favorites for sure.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

They're all very pretty! I have one bloom coming up ....sigh......

Mesa, AZ

Funny Detrick,this morning I had time to snap a couple pics and I was going to post "the iris are coming the iris are coming", but you already did!

Susie

Thumbnail by Birdlady_Susie
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Nice Susie.....that's not bearded, what is it, dutch or siberian?

Mesa, AZ

Dutch. They are very good at coming back year after year, dying back to the ground and not taking up any space, then boom, up again. I like them precisely for that reason, I can plant over them and not worry.

Susie

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Hmmm...should I order some of those also ?

Phoenix, AZ

What great pics!

I just noticed a few open in my yard this morning as I was leaving...so when I get home, I'll have to snap a few pics to share!!

Mesa, AZ

Hey Lynn- look to the left and slightly below and you'll see the 2 flower stalks for that shiny bulb thing plant we both have! It is doing great!

Susie

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

ok so what is that bulb thing ?

Brewster, MA(Zone 6b)

Snow and sleet and ice here. Coupla snowdrops. In the snow.

No iris.

Sigh.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Oh I see it Susie! You're such a good bulb Mom, yours has done much better than mine.

Marie, that's veltheimia brachteata.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Shoot- my Superstition hasn't bloomed in two years. I'm not sure what to do about that thing.

I am NOT a good bulb mom.

Phoenix, AZ

Ok...here's my little beauty...

Thumbnail by GothicGarden
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Well, I wasn't gonna brag....(LOL) here's a few more of mine.

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Another one ....

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Gothic...and what is your little beauty you have there ?
While we are on the subject of irises, has everyone gotten there Schreiner's catalog...? And what are you ordering ?
One last pic for today .

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Phoenix, AZ

ya know...I'm not sure the name of it! When we moved to this house (almost 7 years ago...during August, ugh, the hottest month ever to move in AZ I might add, lol)...I had a flower bed full of Iris at the other house. I refused to leave all my Iris behind...so there I was, on a sweltering August day, 9 months pregnant with Wyatt, digging up all the Iris. Haha, needless to say, I didn't re-lable them, lol....but if anyone knows what variety it looks like, I'd love to learn the name! It gets 5-7 falls per stem...awesome display....

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

I'm not good at names, don't even know all of mine, cuz I got them mixed up. Can you get a closer shot of it, that might help.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.