**CLOSING ON MY BARIATRIC WEIGHT GOAL**

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh sure, but ALSO post them on 'container gardening' or 'curb appeal' or somewhere.

xxxx, Carrie

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Weighed-in this morning at 230 lbs and that is down one more pound. Guess one more week before hitting the magic twenties. Can't believe how good I feel and look? Also that I haven't been this weight in forty years or more! Doing a lot of gardening and have not been on the computer as much as there is a lot of outside gardening set-up to do. My Honey fig and Dwarf fig arrived and I planted them in half cedar barrels. The birds and I do love figs. My pomegranite should arrive soon along with my dwarf banana so I'll talk to you later.
P.S. --- I'm having a great time and feeling real good! Wish you all could join me?
(could also use the help) LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wowie-kazowie! T, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wowie-kazowie! (The term doesn't show my age, just that I am an anachronism.) Are the twenties really magic?

xxxx, Carrie [I've been accused of kissing too many different men here; remember I am blowing cyberkisses]

Just came in the house. I've been working out there all day and have been doing so for the past two weeks. I don't recall having this much ambition and energy ever! Everything is going well. Don't misunderstand that I am overdoing it as I work a half hour and rest a half hour or more by just having a cool drink and admiring my work. My family, not being gardeners, have no idea what I'm doing and are concerned that it won't turn out properly. They will be in for a surprise when I'm finished. Going to have some dinner now and enjoy TV....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sounds idyllic, T. as I huddle inside in my flannel pj's!!! When is it going to be spring in the North???

shiver, Carrie

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9b)

Tplant, your story and your progress are really inspiring. I'm glad your grandson was the "tip factor" in motivating you, but I've only been subscribed 2 days at DG and I can tell you that there are lots of people here who appreciate you and need you, too!

I thank you spidra for those kind words! I am very happy that at last I can do things that prior to my weight loss was impossible. I am very happy to do my gardening again. Can't imagine carrying an extra hundred pounds around on me? I lifted a 60lb bag of container mix today and it made me appreciate my weight loss as it showed me what it was partially like to carry all the weight. My poor body. How I was abusing it and it put up with me!

Berkeley, CA(Zone 9b)

Like I said, you're inspiring. I've had health that started going downhill in my late 20s. And I have that Catch-22 thing where more exercise is what you need but it's hard to want to exercise more because you're in pain. So hearing you talk about how much more you can do and how certain pains are clearing up is very inspiring. I've lost 55 lbs. in 2001 and kept it off 'til mid-2004. Having kept it off 3 years I thought I'd finally won but a LOT of stress in my life changed that. Now that things are a little more stable, I need to find the discipline to eat low-glycemic again, do my physical therapy exercises, and start incorporating more cardio into my life. I know it's the right thing to do but it's hard to make the routine stick. Hearing of your success inspires me to get my butt in gear.

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

T plant, I've not checked in with you for a long time, but still reading, I"m so happy for you! Congrats!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I keep pretty close tabs on our Mr. T (LOL) and he is always inspiring. He also has a way of making me feel important, as if I were part of the process instead of just cheering from a distance. How....? I don't know.

xx, Carrie

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Ted,

Just catching up with you today and wanted to tell you how proud we are of you.

Judy & Bob (BigDaddy99)

Hey people? I'm no hero! I could not have done all this without my lap-band surgery which I highly recommend to all that can afford it. I too had the yo-yo syndrome of lose twenty or even fifty and put on sixty or seventy more pounds. This has been a re-birth for me. A second chance of which I will not abuse today. I still take it "One Day At A Time" but it has been so very, very easy to do! Never, ever hungry and actually feel the weight dropping off sometimes on a daily level. To be able to eat ANYTHING but not as much because I fill up so fast. It is as if I died and went to heaven and been granted a body of my choice. I don't know any more wonderful way of expressing myself.

Another Friday, the thirteenth no less and my weight still holds at 230 lbs. However my girth has slimmed as I am now wearing a size 42 pants down from the original 54. Not to shabby! Feeling remarkably strong and healthy. I seem to have unlimited energy and ambition but I don't abuse it. What a difference from the original me? I picked a heck of a time for a major landscaping overhaul as we are in the middle of a severe drought with watering allowed only twice a week and I have a load of mail order plants arriving such as Begonnias, a Dwarf Bannana tree, Pomegranite tree, Persimmon tree, five rare Caladium, Ison grape vine, three varieties of raspberry and some other plants. I'm going to, have to, cheat with the watering but hoping I don't get caught as the fine is $500 or jail time!

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Hope you don't get caught but you gotta feed the babies.
Great on your pants size too.

Checked in this morning at 229 lbs! A major break-thru! At last I am in the twenties and about 25 lbs more to go. All this and I have a latte every day at Starbucks. However I am very active setting up my new garden so I do work off the calories. I can not remember feeling so energetic and ambitious? What a difference from a former couch potato that was always to tired to do anything. I sleep very well and wake up a little painful from my arthritis but that quickly clears up and I am rareing to go to work out in the garden. Needless to say it seems that my work is never done! All part of gardening.....LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Congratulations again, T!!! That is a big step. When you want to stop losing, what do they do? Leave the band where it is? Or make it so you can eat a little more...

xxxx, Carrie

Don't really know! Guess I'll have to wait and see as that will be the day......

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

(I wish my DH's arthritis would "quickly clear up"!)

(xx, Carrie)

Got a late start as you can see by the time? I have been extremely busy with landscaping and my doctors whom are quite pleased with my progress even though I have not had any weight loss this week and still remain at 229 lbs. They agree that I should level off and let my body adjust for now. I have been eating as usual and having deserts but have not gained any weight which is excellent. Of course I eat very moderate amounts except for Haagen-Dazs ice cream wheras I consume the entire pint but without weight gain! I can live with this way of life! LOL

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Tplant please post pictures of your landscaping, we would love to see it.

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

We are proud of you. Would love to see pictures of your flowers.

This is just the front half as my camera just went out of whack! As you know I work with containers. A very expensive way to garden as the average cost per container is about $16 but well worth it to me. I have about thirty and this is only the front and part of the north side. I raised most all from seed including my Brugs and Daturas. Begonias are on the north side which you can not see as we are facing the west side of our home.Even though the northside is supposed to be difficult to garden we are entirely out in the open and it is perfect for the begonia family.
Prior to my work this picture had only a carabolla tree(top)and a plumeria given to me as a cutting a year ago. It is a beautiful "Miami Rose". It is frusterating that I should be having photo problems at this time but so be it.

Thumbnail by Tplant
Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Tplant is the mulch I'm seeing the plastic mulch? It all looks great...*LOL* I think you need to hire yourself out. Care to make a road trip? I've got a yard in need of serious help!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

T, everytime my darling camera breaks, someone changes the batteries and says I fixed it!

A pint of Hagen Dasz and no ill effects? I'm sure that would make me ill.

xxxx, Carrie

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Have you ever been out and said "oh, I have to hurry home and water my pot plants" I have said this and got lot's of "looks" Then have to explain, I mean to water my plants that are in a pot. lol

You are going to have lots of pretty blooms.

The mulch is not the tire mulch as I have used at least thirty bags of cypress mulch which is plentiful here from the everglades @ $2 for 2cu ft versus $11 per bag for the rubber mulch. With the expense of the containers at least thirty @ $17 ea. and twenty-five bags of Jungle growth@ $7 per bag plus the cost of the plants plus a lot of other miscellanious odds and ends I just could not afford it but it still looks good. Can't wait for everything to bloom. This will keep me busy till tomato time and then some. Hope I can fix the camera so I can show all my work as it is extensive. Expect to be finished in two weeks but still have the east side to do as it is the back of our home and has a six foot barren space to the chain link fence. I must landscape this area as it faces the school and we do live on school grounds. The fruit trees I have are Mango, Florida Red Navel Orange, Italian Honey Fig, Black Turkey Fig, Star fruit tree and another fig which I can not recall the name plus an Ison grape, four raspberries, two blackberries and am waiting for the arrival of a Pomegranite and Persimmon trees.
Lizh --- No! My son is a police officer so I say "Container Plants!" LOL

I am eating ice cream and still I've lost 2lbs this week! I am down to 227 lbs and have so much energy that I can send you some. My next visit to my doctor will be in three weeks and even though I should not be loseing anymore weight I think I'll just go for the ride and see what happens. I really planned on going down to the 200 lb mark. Don't mind losing a little more weight.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Send me some, please! As you probably know, one of the big effects of MS (besides losing the use of your body) is the crippling FATIGUE! And T, don't go crazy - stay safe.

xxxx, Carrie

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Ice cream! None for me, I call that bypass heroin. LOL I want it but it does bad things to my insides. I am still here for you Ted, cheering at your continued success!

-Kim

Kim ---- I can eat most anything with the exception of bread as it just lays there like a clump. My friend had a by-pass and she gets violently ill if she eats any sweets! I'm glad I had the lap-band... The reason I am still losing is because I am very active and burn off the little amount of calories that I do consume. Haagen-daz has 2000 CALORIES PER PINT but I do work them off before they turn into fat.

Carrie --- Don't worry! I'll not overdo it as I work in the shade as the sun rotates plus I drink a lot of water and rest every thirty minutes or so. I used to sweat profusely by just standing but now my body sweats moderately. I am amazed at the difference in me now? Minus 100+ pounds does make a big difference! I know what you are going to say? Pictures! Pictures! I will when I obtain my goal. About twenty more pounds from now.

Please jump over to the "Tomato Forum" as there have been further developments as "They are Moving Us." Forgot to chime in yesterday as there are to many things happening in my life and I have been very
busy and there is to much to say for two places and since I am more known on the other forum. I WILL CONTINUE TO REPORT, however I still weigh 227 lbs. No gain and no loss!

Here I am one month later and still 227 lbs even after eating whatever. All in all I want to drop to 200 or 205 lbs. My doctor made another adjustment today so I know I'll start dropping again but very slowly. I have proved in the past couple of months that weight can be maintained while satisfying any food desires. The only fact is I can not eat as much but also to continue drinking water. That is the real secret!!! Got my new orthopedic shoes and a new brace made of leather that encircles my ankle and lower foot. Also goes up to calf length and it is magnificent as I can walk great distance as compared to my past performance with very little and even NO PAIN! Miraculous to say the least! This is like having a second chance to enjoy life.... Thank You Lord!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

T, I was wondering what had happened to you! Great to hear you're still doing great... I think I'll have to go to the tomato forum and find out what's going on.

xxxxx, Carrie

Just an update! I've been enjoying life and really have not lost much more weight. I now weigh 224 lbs only three or four pounds less than in June but my body mass index is now 31 from a 44. Still I'd like to go down to the low 200's like 206 as I looked pretty good at that weight. I feel terrific and can not recall being so energetic. I have taken over all garden and household chores from my son who puts in a lot of hours in his police work and it is OK by me as I enjoy the work and it makes me feel healthy! Wonder how Beth is doing as we've not heard from her?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Tplant, I'm so glad you popped in! I AM glad to hear of your weight stabilizing - that can't be a bad thing. How is BMI determined? I kind of know what it means sort of, but have no clue how it's applied. Do they have to submerse you to get your volume?

xx, Carrie

BMI is a formula of weight X height. Don't know the exact formula but I would imagine it would be on "ASK.com". I believe my healthy Body Mass Index should be about 25 or less.

Tplant
I've watched you walk this long hard journey and just wanted you to know that I think this is just wonderful. I'm very pleased for you. God bless.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Just thought I'd show you the difference in my garden since April 28 of this year. Amazing what a little fertilizer will do?

Thumbnail by Tplant
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

WOW! Is that grass on your deck? Great!

My lawn would have been looking great but we still have water restrictions pertaining to our still current drought. Rain is falling everywhere but our main water supply area which is Lake Okeechobee.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.