Citrus Variegated Lemon

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I started a few of these seeds. Will it grow up to be varegiated. Here are my little babies.

:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
(Zone 1)

I think DG'er Nan has a Variegated Lemon, but she doesn't get on line on the weekends. Maybe she will see this post Monday. I have no idea if it would be like the Parent Plant or not. You might want to post this on the Tropical's Forum to see if someone there would know. I thought there was maybe a Citrus Forum, but I checked and there's not. Tropical's might be a good start for now.

Lin

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks, Lin. I wasn't to sure where to post.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

There's also a tropical fruit forum so you could post there too, I've seen citrus discussed both there and on the regular tropicals forum. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that the seeds wouldn't grow up to be variegated, I think to preserve variegation you typically have to propagate from cuttings. But I could be wrong!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Okay thanks, ecrane3! I'm off to post over at the tropical forum.

(Zone 1)

See .... I knew there would be someone "In The Know" to come along with some good advice! I didn't even know there was a Tropical Fruit Forum, or may have forgotten it was there. The Perfect Place to Post your question!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.