Broken Color Iris- Be Still My Heart!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Laurie! I will remember that! I am getting so excited about Spring! Can't wait, and all of these beauties just make me more anxious! Wanda, I know you are ready for the explosion in your gardens! They were so beautiful and bountiful last year!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

One more BC

BB, Calico Kid

Thumbnail by laurief
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Autumn Years

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Cirrus Skies

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Chocolate Moose

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Council Fire Breaking Color

Thumbnail by avmoran
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Emuzing

Thumbnail by avmoran
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Janet, It bloomed & is pretty, but I can't match the bloom for a name.
Congo Bongo & Lacy Lynx have not bloomed yet, but I did get a shot of shy Python'z Parasol.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

I see Toucan Tango is one I added last year from hiddenvalley--isn't he sweet?

How about this strange thing--supposed to be Serengetti Spagetti--blooms different every time. Can't wait to see this year's efforts!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, I like that Spaghetti one! Is is a coral color? I had some old, old, brown ones years ago, that I wish I could find. Do you have any Old Brown ones? The one I had have a touch of cream almost to yellow in it...I wish I had moved it with me every time I moved...LOL That was over twenty years ago!

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

LaurieF - I am in love with Blueberry Filly. Very nice color!

Margie- Your Tiger Honey seedling is gorgeous. Love the markings.

Anita - Chocolate Moose is also very inviting!

I can't wait for my iris to bloom. I have several broken color iris that didn't bloom last year and I am hoping this is the year for them!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you Texas. Here is another Broken Color tall bearded iris.

Millennium Falcon

Thumbnail by Margiempv

This is the other bloom I got from the mystery Kasparek rhizomes--NOT Serengetti Spagetti. Can't wait to see what it does this year!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

That spaghetti mystery iris has to be the most interesting iris I've seen yet. I kinda like the idea of it blooming different every time. There would be anticipation with each bud! :)

I like my little Aardvark Anticz IB too--not tall , but early & lots of blooms!

I'm looking forward to Spiced Tiger, Congo Bongo and a couple of other new "broken color" iris blooming this year.

Do you think htis Sonoran Sands IB qualifies?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

No, Sonoran Sands is a plicata.

I'm looking forward to more broken colors blooming this year. Waiting is such a drag.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

To paraphrase a quote from one of my favorite movies,

"I just GOTTA get me a Bewilderbeast!!!"

Thanks for sharing these lovelies... The "Gnu" series are especially breathtaking, and 'Chocolate Moose' is stunning!

For those of us on tighter budgets or who are not yet hopeless iris addicts, are any of these "broken color" beauties on the less expensive side (under $10)? (please say yes... please say yes.... )

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Oh of course, critter. I expect most or all of the irises in this thread could be purchased for substantially less than $10 each.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Laurie, that's great news! Thanks! :-)

I don't buy expensive iris, but I trade alot. Luckily, some pwople out there covet my historics as much as I want their broken color gems. And of course, some of my older clumps like Tiger Honey & Batik have increased enough that I was able to share last summer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.