Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather # II

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Morning all, first I want to thank rannveig for this absolutely darling Puffins photo. I know it's not real "Weatherly" but felt it could cheer us all after a blustery, slippery week.
It is finally warming a tad here in Chesapeak Bay area.
Here it's Elevation: 190 ft / 57 m
19.9 °F / -6.7 °C
Clear
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 15 °F / -9 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h.
I am surprised that we are at that elevation as at work the ground floor's elevation is 8'.
Please come by often with your daily weather and awesome pictures.
Much love and health to all of you.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sidney :-)

The last photo was missing so here it is:

Looking south toward Hafnarfjörður. The long peninsula there is named Álftanes and the presidential residence, Bessastaðir is located there and there is a small town (Álftanes) at the end of it. My neighborhood is at the base of the Álftanespeninsula and Hafnarfjörður is the thin slice of see behind it ;-)

The sliver of land there on the horizon is the Reykjanes peninsula ............ where the Keflavik international airport is(and the US nato base that has now been closed). It's about a 45 min. drive from Reykjavik to the international airport.

Thumbnail by rannveig
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Those are gorgeous birds and edangered too, on many places also gone for forever.

Sunny
50 F
No wind

Spring here have come in giant steps and almost all snow is gone, just a few piles left. This is a Pansie that selfseedes last fall and today I found the first flower on it. Hope the warmth is here to stay.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
(Zone 3b)

7am, 5*F, calm.
Good morning Sidney - hopefully it will continue to warm up. Love the puffin start - they bring a lot of fun to bird watching.
Rann - I'm beginning to feel right at home there - just love the photos and area you live in.
The snow will be here for a bit longer and I can't remember an Easter w/out snow. Sometimes lots, sometimes just small areas.
Janett_D - lovely little pansey.
I'm off to the final hockey tournament; 4 days of games for State Championship. (7 year old group). Starts at 9am in Eagle River, about 30 miles from Palmer.
This icicle has been growing, for several days. I'll knock it down soon.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sugar, they are so cute! It's refreshing to see them. (Thanks Rannveig!)

Beautiful photos from the last link, especially your indigo sky, Kiska. Just gorgeous!

Rann, I love to see your part of the world!

Janett, a simple pansy and it's the most wonderful spring flower when it's first. I hope Spring is building up!

Kiska, wonder how long that icicle can get? :))

41° and raining!!! The ground is still pretty much frozen so we have yard puddles. This is the two level sidewalk with a large barrel full of holes and large rocks, buried at the end. It's our drain for the January thaw, and rains that flood the garage.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi Sidney! This week it's been in the low 40's and mid 60's!! Spring fever has even grabbed Brad!! He mowed and tilled the garden this week and wants to plant trees this weekend... I'm waiting for the ... "Honey I want...." part to come later!!! LOL!!

I haven't taken a single pic worth posting as I don't think anyone wants to see the carnage that was a 5 year old birthday party at Chuckee Cheese last weekend.. LOL!! Not mine (yet) but his best friends!

Take care!!

Nicole

(Zone 3b)

noon; up to 16*F, sunny.
Just returned from the hockey game, Palmer won, back again tonight at 7:45pm for their second game. The rink, indoors, was not heated so it was nearly as cold as outdoors, which was about Zero. Fortunately, plenty of blankets and gloves helped.
billy- now I see what you mean by the 2 level sidewalk. If the temps remain that high, the ground will be thawed before you know :) The icicle will get several feet long; so, it has to go.
ncgardenaddict, I've seen those parties, the kids love being there; but, pics are fun. (noise level unreal, right?)
A few years ago we let this icicle go till it was nearly 6-7 feet long.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

That's a fantastic icicle!!

The sycamore tree that blew over in the ice storm. It's farther over than it was the first time we saw it. Poor thing.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, everyone ! Warm weather here, with clouds in the morning and sun in the afternoon. Almost 55 during the day and 37 at night. Trees are starting to bloom and everything is so colorful !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Very pretty, Adina. Do you know what that is?

Updated: 2:43 PM PST on March 09, 2007
Observed at: West San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, Winnetka, California
Elevation: 790 ft / 240 m
71.8 °F / 22.1 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1.6 km/h / 2.1 m/s from the West
Wind Gust: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h

... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Sunday morning through Monday
evening for low humidities and warm temperatures...

The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from 10 am PDT Sunday morning
through 7 PM PDT Monday evening.

Critical fire weather conditions may develop across the interior
valleys Sunday and continue into Monday evening. Prolonged
relative humidities below 15 percent combined with temperatures
in the 80s and 90s and dry fuel moisture may create a danger of
rapid fire growth.

I thought there was something odd about that tulip whose picture I posted yesterday. I noticed today that it has four sepals and seven stamens. Here's another oddball - a hyacinth with two flower stalks.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Rann - Great puffin picture! They're so beautiful. I've also enjoyed the pictures of your home. Surprised that there isn't any snow!
Kiska - How did the tournament go? That's a large icicle - the 2nd is huge!!
Adina - What tree is that? The flowers are beautiful.

The weather is getting pretty nasty right now. Windy, cloudy and cool.
Tonight
Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the evening...then a chance of showers and patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. East winds 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

62.6 °F / 17.0 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 54 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 6.0 mph / 9.7 km/h / 7.2 m/s from the NE
Wind Gust: 13.4 mph / 21.6 km/h / 9.8 m/s
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1800 ft / 548 m

This weekend is the Concours D'Elegance - classic car show held here on the island.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

The airport...

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sally and Kiska :-)

Kiska - that is one humongous icicle ...... they're called Grýlukerti here which means Grýla's candles (Grýla being the troll mother of our Julelads) ;-)

It was another wonderful spring day here today - spent most of the afternoon outside happily shredding tree branches wearing only a fleece jacket and feeling very "springy" ;-) lol

Boy was I shocked when I looked out the window just now ....... it's SNOWING!!!!! So I guess it's back to winter mode for now ...... I need to start paying attention to the weather forecast .......

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

Sharon - we cross posted - thanks!

Well we got the snow now ;-) lol And it's sticking for now at least, everything is white outside :-)

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Generally gloomy - except when it's blustery - for the next few days, but nice and mild.
A good rain wouldn't hurt but why can't it rain on a weekday?

I noticed some white dogwoods ready to bloom today. If we get a sunny gap in the gloom tomorrow, I'm going to try to get some nice pics of the big clumps of blooming azaleas around the neighborhood.

Kelli: wow, you don't get much of a break! The winds die down, and now you have to watch out for fires! Hope there aren't any.

Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
(Zone 3b)

All these blossoms are so beautiful - you all take such beautiful photos. The shade of lavendar of the hyacinth is a color I'd love to put on a wall. Double the beauty, Kelli - hope the fire warning is heeded and folks will be careful.
Rann - I love the fact that "Grylas Candles" are such a fitting name for icicles. Is it still snowing?
MySharona - are you going to the car show? Sounds interesting.
Deb; I look forward to seeing the azaleas; what a nice way to spend some time.
Our team won this morning and are just now going to play the second game. It's at 7:45pm which is nearly bedtime for these 7 year olds.
Lots of daylight now at 6:40pm, 10*F, calm.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Well it's turning out to be a bit cloudy, so maybe no azalea excursion today. Here's a different color though that's blooming in my yard now. Not the mass of color I had hoped to be able to post today...perhaps tomorrow!
Kiska: that picture says it all, I think. Hard to imagine for me waaayy down south.

Cloudy. 54F.
High today 67
Probable rain in the afternoon and evening.
Overnight low 46

Still can't complain. We need rain. :)
Deb

Edited to say: ,Happy Birthday Ric!!

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 9:23 AM

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 9:58 AM

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well yesterday was OUTSTANDING!
I started out in a ski cap and coat w/ the Chiminea roaring and ended up in shorts and sandals.
We hit 71, no wind and no clouds.

One of the benifits of working those long hours doing construction is no Winter rust.
Usually the first week or so of gardening are spent working out the kinks and getting in Gardening shape...
already there....
I got maybe 1/2 the yard cleared up and felt like I was loafing! lol

Here's the starting point.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

And the afternoon shot

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 5a)

Good afternoon!

Happy birthday Ric AND Adina!! :-) Hope you both have a great day :-)

It's warmed up again, 39°F so there's not much left of the snow. It was really windy last night, but much calmer and nicer this morning. Now it's cloudy and a bit breezy.

Ric - your garden is shaping up nicely ....... 71°F - WOW that was a quick change in temp!

Here's another view from the Pearl - looking SW across Reykjavik airport

Thumbnail by rannveig
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Oh no! Sorry I left you out of my previous post, Adina! I saw Ric on the birthday list, but missed you!

Have a very happy birthday!

Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
(Zone 5a)

Deb - those azaleas are so pretty :-) I prefer to take photos on overcast days - in full sunlight the colors get washed out and somehow don't look as good ;-)

Looking west in the direction of the University of Iceland (buildings on the other side of all that grass) and the town of Seltjarnanes.

Thumbnail by rannveig
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday Ric and Adina, have a fun day.

started sunny and bright now cloudy
40F
Janett

(Zone 5a)

Now looking NW - toward the city "center" or the oldest part of the city. The big church is Hallgrímskirkja - the biggest church in the country.

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Last one - we've come full circle - looking north again ;-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Ric and Adina!! Gonna hit high 60s here today.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Bright sunlight AND are you ready for this (I am), 66°(F) The skies are gray I suspect the high altitude clouds are contributing to the warm temps.

Happy birthday, Ric and Adina!

Rann, your Iceland pictures are always interesting. One of the things that has always interested me about Iceland is the hot springs. Hot springs have always interested me. It's like getting something for free.

There was dew overnight so the air wasn't all that dry but now we're getting a breeze from the northeast which will make the humidity plummet.

Updated: 10:00 AM PST on March 10, 2007
Observed at: West Valley, Winnetka, California
Elevation: 790 ft / 240 m
68.1 °F / 20.1 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 49 °F / 10 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h / 2.1 m/s from the SE
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h

romantic old California

Thumbnail by Kelli

and another view

Thumbnail by Kelli
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Oh Kelli! Ü

Dyson daylight actually occurs there???? :0

Blinding bright again (the snow's disappearing at a fast clip now).......temps are due to drop soon though.

47 °F / 8 °C
SUNNY
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 32 °F / 0 °C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s from the SW

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

p.s. it stinks to be working today. :'(

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Yep, I opened the curtains and was blinded! I still need to erase were the stepdaughter wrote "moo" on the window.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 1:31 PM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOLOLOL cleaning them too just might improve that Dyson Dark view. ;)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mooo!
Beautiful Wisteria there Kelli!
Kiska those panarama shots of Iceland tell a lot.... Thanks!

Thanks for the Birthday Greetings!

The rain has rolled thru and the Sun's trying to get out..... it's 54 pushing toward 60 by late afternoon.
I left most of the Winter mulch in place as I know we will certainly get hit w/ freezing temps again.
Man was that hard to do..... lol

Here's a shot of the Snowdrops. They are now hitting their peak......
Off to plant some tomato seeds....
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 3b)

Happy birthdays greetings, Adina and Ric -
As much as I'd love to be there taking photos of Iceland, the credit goes to Rann. What a beautiful country you have, Rann.
Ric - my husband just couldn't believe you were going to plant tomato seeds - Outdoors? Also, he's ready to go see NC's flowers and wisteria in Calif.. what a beautiful time of year down there.
It's partly sunny, 20*F, with bitter cold wind.
Our hockey team won again last night, the next game in playoffs is this evening. That ice rink is the coldest I've been in, only a few degrees above the outdoor temp, more layers will be needed tonight.
Dyson - both bright and 66*F? wonderful day sounds like.
Janet_D, in a few weeks, we'll be getting into the 40's, too.
Woven ball filled w/yarn for birds to use for nests when the time comes.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Thank you all so much ! Happy Birthday from me too, Ric ! Well done with your garden ! Love the snowdrops !

All the pictures are great ! Love the azalleas, Deb ! I was about to buy one for my BD today, but , as we're moving out, I didn't need another pot...whew, I already have a thousand...I guess !LOL

Ran, what a wonderful view you have there !

Kelli, your wisteria and hyacinth are so beautiful !
Kiska, still snowing ?

Sharon, those cars are beautiful !I'm sorry, but I don't know that bush's name, I'll have to google it.

Cloudy and cold day in Bucharest today...

This is a bouquet I received today, for my birthday from DH !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sorry Kiska I meant Rann of course....

Well I'm going outside to plant them but then bringing them indoors for a few months probably....
It was 60, Sunny and Calm......
I did though put in Spinach and Peas today.... also Northern Sea Oats, Toadlily and Centuria seeds...they are cool weather crops so will do nicely outdoors now....

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Adina HAPPY BIRTHDAY to You also!
Lovely Tulips!!!

Ric

(Zone 3b)

Ric - I'm sure you meant Rann, but I'd love to go to Iceland someday..
so you'll be bringing the tomato seeds indoors for awhile, but the others are being sown directly in the soil, bet that smells good as you turn it.. The snow covered ground here just smells fresh and clean, for lack a better description.
Very pretty boquet, Adina. It's not snowing today, just a bit cloudy and windy.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Thanks, Ric !
So wide opened spaces, very beautiful , Kiska! Haven't posted a sunset in a while...here it is, sunset a few days ago !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.