Found this site while Googling.

(Zone 1)

Wow! I found this website when googling for a plant. Some real Beauties being introduced to the market! Sure wish I could find a couple of them in my area! I just love that first one: Aglaonema 'Ruby Sunset' .... it is so pretty! Scroll down and look at some of the other's .... really great looking plants! Wonder where we can find them? I might just have to e-mail the company and see if they could tell me a source. I bet the Orlando area with all it's nursery's/garden centers would have some of these Beauties!

http://www.fngla.org/tpie/newPlants.asp

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

Now, why did you have to go and do that????????????? I MUST have that guy named DEB...especially red being my favorite color!!!!! what a treat you just provided us....Thank you, Lin....Deb

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I loved the Crinum ‘menehune’ (Red Bog Lily)

Judy

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

wow that Aglaonema 'Ruby Sunset is incredible. i emailed them to see what's up.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

OOOO Thanks Lin : ))

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

OK, who's going to do the Co-op for this place? http://www.twyford.com/ I would but my back problems would get the better of me trying to pack all those plants. Not to mention no room in my tiny house for it! Co op, co op, co op! LOL

Lana

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I love the curly croton and the Aggies! Did someone say Co op? LOL

Never done one before, but could do one for these plants. My, my, my...

GH

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

You found it Lin......we vote you in to do a Co-op............love the idea, but the second site doesn't have the pretty foliage plants....am I confused???

(Zone 1)

I have no idea what or how a Co-Op works. And, I thought these nurseries listed at this website were for wholesale business only? Maybe I need to go back and read more! Sure would be great if we could buy direct from them! I have a long list started, LOL.

Aren't there some beautiful plants listed?! I love that Anthurnium 'Surprise' and the Dieffenbachia's 'Nicole' & 'Nicolette' and the Aglaonema's 'Ruby Sunset & 'Pride of Sumatra' and the Curly Croton and ..... well, I love them all!

pheitmeyer: Please let us know if you get a response to your e-mail you sent them!

:) Lin

(Zone 1)

The plant I was originally searching for was the Miniature Anthurium 'Silence'. I bought two of those little tiny things the other day at WalMart. They are so cute and I had never seen mini anthuriums before ... that site is what came up when I did my search. It does show the little A. 'Silence' down the screen midway I think, but I still didn't really find any info on the plant.

Oh Gail, I don't think I could handle a Co-Op if it meant me ordering and having everything shipped to me and then me having to get it all out to different folks. I am usually a very organized gal, but you should see my house and porch and deck right now ... well, no, you shouldn't! :) I really need to do some MUCH needed Spring Cleaning! I also have the back problems like WVDaisy has! Arthritis runs in the family ... and mine seems to get a little worse every year. So, I know I could not handle it.

Lin

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I couldn't either.....didn't even know that the leader has to ship out everything...I haven't even sent your two silly esperanzas and I got my goodies from you two weeks ago....not a chance I could do that either!!!

(Zone 1)

We need a YOUNGster .... who can handle it! LOL. :)

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

The companies are for wholesale. That's where the DG co op buying power comes into affect. We order large amounts like wholesalers do and get the same price :~) I'll talk to some friends and see what I can work out but don't hold your breaths.

Lana

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I bought: Syngonanthus chrysanthus ‘Mikado’ PPAF at the York, PA. flower show. Everybody was selling it. Now I am looking for a suitable container for a terrarium. The way the seller had it set up was gorgeous, in a large glass vase with spaghnum (I would use the moss that grows outside. Lovely plant and quite oriental-looking.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

how funny, I was just on that web site the other night looking up Aglaonemas! It's got some very drool-worthy plants there!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I belong to a local chapter of the Hobby Greenhouse assoc & this year is our 2nd year of co-oping. The President's brother has a commercial greenhouse & we fill out the orders in January & they are delivered in March. Would you believe I got a whole small flat of red-leaved red-flowered begonias for $8.00? I believe there are 122 in the flat & the cells are about 1/2 diameter. Teeny tiny.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 3:20 PM

(Zone 1)

Wow! That's still an incredible price! Lucky Gal! If I'm calculating correctly, that's less than 12 cents per plant! Great Buy! Please post a photo of those babies .... maybe you could do a before and after photo, like right now while they are tiny and again later when they've grown up!

(Zone 1)

Wow! That's still an incredible price! Lucky Gal! If I'm calculating correctly, that's less than 12 cents per plant! Great Buy! Please post a photo of those babies .... maybe you could do a before and after photo, like right now while they are tiny and again later when they've grown up!

Left to Right: Ginger Ale Bottle from C'Cactus/Colie, Blue Votive from Rose_Petalzz/Ruby, Glass Jar from C'Cactus/Colie, Glass Candle Jar from HollyannS/Holly, and the last jar is just one I had on a shelf.

I love all my rooting jars! Thanks So Much to all of you for these neat "Rooters" ....

Lin

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Lin, did i miss something in this exchange? Are your jars blue??? or did you put coloring in there???

(Zone 1)

Gail, my computer has "Gremlins" .... I tried posting this 3 times on the correct thread "Rooting Jars" discussion thread! and it kept vanishing ... I don't know what's going on, anyhow, go back to that thread and you can read about the blue stuff in my jars!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Co op or not, you have to have a resale/seller's permit to buy wholesale.
If you could find someone who has one to buy, then you're good to go.

I think a lot of the other co ops were done through 'retail' sellers, but at reduced prices due to quantity purchased.

Also, I don't see that Aglaonema "Ruby Sunset" on theTwyford's 'available' list, in fact, they don't have much available that isn't relatively common.
The other plants shown on the fngla.org site are all from different sellers.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Well, if push comes to shove, I have a resellers license and a PA tax exempt number and if the club needed that information, I would gladly share it with them. As it stands, the President of the club's brother is a commercial greenhouse owner, sells these seedlings to his brother, who, in turn, sells them to the club. It works just fine for us. I'll try to take a pix of the little begonias over the weekend & post them here.

(Zone 6a)

Wow, great site Lin! Thanks :)
Steven

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Here are the Begonia babies I got from our club and there are 122 of them in this tiny flat. All for $ 8.00. I hope I can get them all to blooming size. Last year when we did the co-op, some of them were blooming at this size!!! Let me check & see if I still have pix of them. I don't need to, when I took another look, some of these are forming flower buds and you can see that on the pix.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 3:22 PM

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
(Zone 1)

What a Deal you got Buttoneer! $8.00 for all those? I think to buy a flat of small plant babies here would be @ $14.97 if not more! You did good!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

$ 14.97 for 122 plantlets is good, too!!!

(Zone 1)

I've never seen flats with that many, usually at the Garden Centers down here, a flat is just 18-24 little cubicle's with plantlets.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Lin, you got to remember that these cells are only about one-half inch diameter. These are really small plants. They are seedlings, not the same that you buy at Lowes or HD. Let me take another pix with something you can relate to for size. As you can see, the cells are smaller in diameter than a dime. So they are very tiny plants, but blooming, which is really neat for a seedling to bloom.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 4:39 PM

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
(Zone 1)

Oh, they are a lot smaller than I thought, really tiny .... but nice and healthy looking and blooming to boot! Still a very good deal, shouldn't take long to grow them out!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.