I can't think of the name of this one, can you help??

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

I have sent a friend a rooted piece of this plant and was wanting to tell her what it is. duh!!

I cannot for the life of me remember the name.

I know someone will be able to tell me on this forum...right???

Thanks!
Susan
=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom
lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

Maranta leucoreura, maybe???? Deb

(Zone 1)

I have a little one of these .... Thanks for the ID Deb .... I knew it as the "Prayer Plant" but couldn't remember the botanical name! Just searched plant files and found it:

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/54735/index.html

Well, that looks really close, but that says it has lavender flowers and this has tiny white ones. Also the markings aren't the same. Maybe a different variety?

I really appreciate your help in id-ing this!
Susan
=^..^=

(Zone 1)

See if it looks like any of these:

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1208/index.html

YES, YES, YES!!! That's IT!!

Thank you so much!

I wish I had the half and half color now. LOL

Susan
=^..^=

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Your plant is also known as "Rabbit Tracks", Susan. Very nice plant. I lost my variegated one to underwatering a couple months ago.

GH

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

GH...just wanted to say, don't give up on that variegated one, as I've found they tend to go dormant (or mostly dormant) during the winter...mine has done this 3 years in a row, and is regrowing now with some spectacular 'pink' coloring. I took a photo, but forgot to bring the camera with me to upload the photos to the computer!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, thanks for the encouragement Nan, but that thing is deader'n a doornail!!! LOL

I would love to see a picture of yours though.

GH

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

GH...I thought mine was a goner, too....if you still have it just *try* watering it when it's very dry....it might just surprise you!
(Well, unless you've already thrown it out, lol!!)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.