Check out MY Bismarckia...

Hvar, Croatia(Zone 9b)

These are Encephalartos two princeps and one lehmanii, I also have cupidus, nubimontanus, eugene-maraisii, seticostus, altensteini, middelburgiensis, also i have another ten species but they are two year sedlings.
In the moment my favorite cycas is cairnsiana, beautifull bur slow, slow

Thumbnail by ttoto
Oceanside, CA(Zone 9b)

Explain photo. Please!

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10b)

What needs explaining, Terry? That's the famous Tuna Palm! They grow in the ocean and you have to catch them like fish! LOL

Oceanside, CA(Zone 9b)

I think he was describing a cycad...

"my favorite cycas is cairnsiana, beautifull bur slow, slow"

That means they must be easy to catch!

Hvar, Croatia(Zone 9b)

soory the pic is off topic but it is the other thing i like to do, :-)))) wont happen again....toto

gilbert, AZ(Zone 9a)

ttoto, you have palm and cyclads viruses. Some of those cyclads are pretty hard to get, pretty rare. It appears that your virus is only going to get worse! The reward is of course a yard that is beautifully unique, and on an island in the adriatic. It doesnt get any better than that!

Cypress, CA(Zone 10a)

Terry and FOF.....how are your Bismarckia's doing...post a pic of them in there new location.....
Curt

Oceanside, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Rad'. Mine's still in the pot. It's down to 2 possible locations, and both are in the front yard. I've decided more dramatic palms need to be displayed prominently, as a treat for other palmophiles to enjoy. I know I like coming across a Caryota gigas or a Rhopalostylis when I'm out walking or driving around.

I'll post a photo soon, when it's in the ground.

Oceanside, CA(Zone 10b)

Mine is still in the pot too, and it might be there for a while. I just don't know where it's going to go. We're going to completely landscape our front yard this summer (hopefully) so we want to put it in a special place where we won't have to move it. It's pretty rootbound so I hope it won't hurt it to stay in it's pot. I did give it some Vigoro palm fertilzer this weekend, as I fertilized all the palms on the property.

I'm real anxious to get it the ground.

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

I LOVE the Bismarckia's... can never get enough pics/talk about them so ya'll don't stop! I don't have one yet.... but I'm getting one this year for sure!!!!!

Tallahassee, FL

FoF and terry, put your bismarckia in the suniest most open posistion in your front yard.

i recently got a 25/30 gal and and planted dead center of my front yard where it has room to grow and get much sun as possible.

get those bizzies in the ground!

here is mine bizzie baby

This message was edited Mar 29, 2007 2:55 PM

Tallahassee, FL

here it is

Thumbnail by fritoxtreme
Oceanside, CA(Zone 10b)

love that name, Frito Extreme!
And I love your bizzie! I would love to get mine in the ground but that's impossible.
I'm wondering if I should repot it, put it in a bigger pot. I won't be able to plant it until mid summer earliest.
Maybe not even until next year if the landscaping goes slowly...

Tallahassee, FL

thanks!

if you gotta keep it potted make sure it has room to grow and you still keep it in sun. acclimate it to its future home.

goodluck with landscaping and be sure to post lots of pictures so we all can give and get ideas. I kinda landscape as I go and work with nature, LOL.

Thumbnail by fritoxtreme
Cypress, CA(Zone 10a)

frito........Love the country setting....Your Bismarckia will sure to stand out in a crowd

Tallahassee, FL

Radman, I am pushing its limits here on my 8b/9a border. I hope global warming works in my favor.

country setting? im in the city limits:) we just have tones of love oaks and other old trees that blanket the city.

heres the Indian burial ground in "native" north florida.

Thumbnail by fritoxtreme

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.