Leaning Sagos

Hi, I have three mature sagos in my front yard and they all appear quite healthy. My concern is about their leaning. At first I thought the sun coming from the west is what contributes to the lean as the direct sun is blocked by my house most of the day. But now I'm not so sure. I've attached a couple of photos that show what I'm talking about. Is this normal? Is there anything I can to prop them upright without harming them? Thank you.

Thumbnail by stanfrench Thumbnail by stanfrench
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Quote from stanfrench :
Hi, I have three mature sagos in my front yard and they all appear quite healthy. My concern is about their leaning. At first I thought the sun coming from the west is what contributes to the lean as the direct sun is blocked by my house most of the day. But now I'm not so sure. I've attached a couple of photos that show what I'm talking about. Is this normal? Is there anything I can to prop them upright without harming them? Thank you.

They look healthy to me. Leaning toward the light is normal as they love full sun. As far as repositioning them, they'll likely continue to lean toward the light in their future growth even if you manage to position them straight up and down since they'll grow toward the light in the future.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.