Is it Christmas again?

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Don't know what got into this great Xmas cactus but it's in bloom, again. 2 of 3 buds have opened yesterday. Is this happening elsewhere? This flower is actually a bit more salmon.

Thumbnail by boojum

A close up.

Thumbnail by boojum
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Well isn't that just a cute surprise Boojum?Lucky You and Very pretty! I have a yellow budding up again but only time will tell whether it will hold them or they all fall off before opening.I hope it blooms again : )
Nancy

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I have never seen a pink one ....this is really a treat!!!!

It's more salmon than pink. This is a more accurate color from Xmas.

Thumbnail by boojum
lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I have one in full bloom right now with two others setting blooms.....surprised me, too, 'cause the one that is dense with blooms also bloomed about the first week of December......Deb

(Zone 6a)

My Opa used to have a huge one that bloomed almost all year long. It was in a south window with a sheer curtain inbetween.

Steven

This plant was in an east window. Glad I'm not alone, depsi. What color is yours?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I have a red Christmas cactus that has been in full bloom since early January. Poor guy is getting tired looking now though. It is in a south facing window.

Your salmon colored one is beautiful; I've never seen that color before.

Joanne

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I'm enclosing a pic taken probably two weeks ago & it is much heavier with blossoms right now....the little guy that's setting blossoms looks to be solid red....Lord, I hope so...I just love the solid red and would love to find a yellow & a salmon, then I think I will have all the colors covered...Just got some Easter segments going, too, from the rental yard here in town...they have huge hanging cactus and they let me take starts.....Deb

Thumbnail by Depsi
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Such beautiful blooms! I got a couple of blooms on my 'Jolly Dancer' recently, but nothing to write home about. I'd never see it bloom, so it was a treat just to get those few blooms.

On a different note, I keep waiting for my Easter cactus to start doing something. Does anyone know when it should set buds?

GH

Around Easter. LOL! I have two-a red and a hot magenta. I thought I lost the red but after getting rained on all summer it thrived. I didn't know they like water so much. Now I water them all weekly. BTW, I have a yellow Xmas cactus too but not in bud or bloom now.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

My white one if finishing off it's second blooming period now. They can bloom up to 4 times if grown right...

Tom

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, Boojum! Ya don't say?:) Easter is just a little over a month away. I'm gonna watch this plant like a hawk in the meantime. Maybe I'll set it in a sunnier window about now. Mine is hot pink and her name is 'Elsie'. Beautiful blooms. I'd never liked Easter cacti until I saw this one at my grocers last year. Now I'm smitten! And I also note that they like more water than Schlumbergeras.

GH

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Very nice. Maybe you can rename her the valentine cactus. :)

I like it! Valentine it is!

My Christmas cactus (I have two plants) bloom off and on through March or April, but the heaviest is always around Thanksgiving. I had an Easter cactus, but it just up and died. I read they are a lot more temperamental than the Christmas cactus, and often will die of apparently no reason. I have a white/pink Christmas cactus and a red/white one. Thor Britta and Harmony, I think their names are. I'd love to get a yellow one someday, but so far have not seen a single one for sale except online.

Randi

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

My white is blooming a few blooms, my red has it's last bloom folding and my yellow just finished last week. My shell pink one blooms off and on all winter.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I luv your pink Boojum! Yours is gorgeous to Deb!!

Here is a picture of my peach one blooming right now.

:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh Donna, she's so pretty!

Nice, Donna! Is she lighter than mine?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks, Happy and Boojum! I don't think it's lighter. Like you said, I guess it depends on where you take the picture. Here is my red one blooming to. Mel had to get in the picture....lol.

:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

what a gorgeous kitty!

Love those white paws.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks!! This is the little kitty that my DD had following her to school on a busy street. The poor thing was probably only about 2 or 3 months old. She is definitely a sweetie.

Sautee Nacoochee, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow!,
and here I thought mine was freaking out becuase it had been moved from my Mother-in-laws estate (unfortunatly there are a few plants there that will die.. but Im trying to save what I can, tho Im having no luck with teh Cala lilies) and is somehow readjusting.
The odd thing is, its only blooming and setting blooms on the sid ethat faces the window!
I wonder if it should be fertilized to lessen teh stress its under producing a second blooming?

Nin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.