need help identifying

Booneville, MS

Can anyone help me identify this plant? I got it at the Memphis Botanical Gardens yesterday and it did not have a tag. They called it a "senesia". I spelled it the way it sounded but I know this is not correct because I cannot look it up.
The plant looks like a varigated ivy but has thick leaves and stems and feels like a succulent.
I would appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks, Terrye

Booneville, MS

Here is the picture. My dialup would not let me start the thread with a picture attached even after I resized it.

Thanks, Terrye

Thumbnail by tryliv
Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Terrye ,You beat me to it! I was just going to post the same thing! I got one too and have no idea what it is either! I knew someone on here would surely know!

I would like to add that it has a purplish colored stem. This might help narrow it down some.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

My first thought from reading your first post was that they meant Senecio, but then when I saw the pic I wasn't sure, I had never seen a Senecio that had ivy-looking leaves, but I checked in Plant Files and sure enough there was one! Senecio macroglossus 'Variegatus'. http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/62874/index.html

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Very good!
That is it , Don't you terrye?

Thanks, Ecrane3

Sharon

Booneville, MS

I believe that's it!

Thanks so much, ecrane3! If I had just known how to spell it, I could have looked it up.

Sharon, you and I must have some of the same tastes.... as soon as I felt the leaves on this one I had to have it. It felt too much like a sedum! lol

Terrye

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Nice plants ~ Senecio is correct. I just recently mooched cuttings from this plant in solid green. Apparently the blooms are lovely and generous. I wonder if the varigated one will bloom.

This is UniQue Treasures link to the solid green one. http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/152360/index.html

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

The variegated one will bloom (eventually!)
It took mine awhile, and last year it had a whopping 1 bloom, LOL!

Booneville, MS

Thanks for the info!!
I love it just for the foliage. Any bloom will be a bonus. lol

Terrye

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.