Anthurium 'Red Frost'

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

this is a blurry picture, but I know very little about houseplants. I have never seen an anthurium with red flowers....love it...grown out of Homestead, Fl. and found at Lowe's

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Beautiful ! Now I have mostly seen red flowers ! I bet they will be all out for Valentines day :))
I like the red ones best then the Pinks !

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

BettyGail this one on SecretGardens has been one of my wish plants on my long list. lol Red flowers :))
http://www.secretgardenrareplants.com/catalog.cfm?category_id=2
Cat. No: 1007 ANTHURIUM IN BLOOM!
Beautiful wax like flowers that look unreal! Well grown plants in 6 inch pots shipped with one to three flowers on each plant. Great Gift Plant!

Borrow this is Jodies picture from Secretgardens.
I want so many of her plants. lol :))

Thumbnail by Allison_FL
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

when american idol is over (teehee...ME watching what the kids do) I will go to this site....have so many bookmarks.....the more the better to discover the plant world...I have never seen a pink or red one....I will compare prices, too....mine came in a 6 inch pot....

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

I Jodie's plants and her pots and supplies I have been buying for past few years. Best prices on pots .

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

what a wonderful site, Allison...want to spend hours tomorrow on this one!! (which really means bookmarked for next week) I keep forgetting that company is coming in. We used to grow in the greenhouses where i worked that Dwarf Snowbush (Breynia ? )...had the most beautiful foliage with red blooms to boot....

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Oh yes she has so many beauties, Nice Orchids too. Lots of great plants , pots suolies !
Shipping low only $10.00 for first 100.00 spent.
I want one of each. :))

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

funny you!! do you know how to grow orchids? I don't but my son-in-law lives in zone 8 and my daughter says he keeps his blooming all the time under big grow lights in the garage ......which is well constructed and connected to the house on two sides so it can't be freezing....

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

No I don't know how but I know you said your son in law does. Though I have some. I do nothing to them as I know nothing to do and yes they bloom again. Hubby gave me a real nice one two Christmas's ago and it sat under our trees in same pot in morning sun and it is just coming out of a 4-5 month bloom ! Then another DG brought one to our home and it has bloomed a few times.
The lady that use to own this home we live in and bought she died she left her Orchids for me. But we gave most of them away to neighbors as people love them and we just wanted to share.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Sharing is one of the best things in life.............I never have understood why it feels soooooooo good....I think that is one of the reasons why this DG site has been so successful....everyone wants everyone else to have fun and succeed...you don't see this very often among people except in gardening and cooking....have to dmail Vossner before i forget tonight....

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

So true !!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.