Some philos that are finally doing well

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

A few months back bluesea23 sent me some philo cuttings. They have really struggled to make it and I have really babied them. They all lived except for one. I am really proud of them. Here they are. The first one is Philo Red Emerald.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

The next one is Monstera Deliciosa 'Borsigiana'. She is really going to be a beauty.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

The next one is a Syngonium but I really like it a lot. It is Syngonium Podophyllum Variegata. I think the leaves are so cute.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is another view of the syngonium.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is one other philo that GrowHappy sent me. It is called Philo 'Glaucophyllum'.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Jesse they are beautiful ! Nice growing :)) I need to get some of them !

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I have really been enjoying all of my philos. The three that I bought a couple months ago got too much water so I had to repot them yesterday. I was trying to hold off until spring but they were so dry and when I watered them they just soaked it up like a sponge. I do not like the soil mixture that most plants are in when I buy them. Most of them have peat in them and just absorb too much water. So I repotted them and did not water them. Hopefully they will be okay.

Jesse

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Ooooohhhhh, how lovely! I'm glad to hear they are ALL doing well for you Jesse. Philos are my "true" love. LOL

GH

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Way to go, Jesse!! I've never heard of Philo 'Glaucophyllum'.
:) Donna

(Zone 1)

Jesse: Wow! Nice .... I love Philo's and have a few, but I would love to find that one called Glaucophyllum ... very nice. I have a "Wish List" of Philo's I would love to have!

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

GrowHappy,

I know that you sent me a philo cutting, the 'Glaucophyllum' I think. Does my photo look like the cutting that you sent me? I'm trying to make sure that I get them all labeled correctly and I know that was the name on the one you sent me. Is that the one pictured?

Thanks,
Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Yeppers, Jesse....it is the one I sent you. It's commonly known as 'Glaucophyllum', HOWEVER, I've since been corrected on the ID. It's just regular old P. Hastatum, according to Dr. Croat.

GH
Who's anxious to collect new philos this year!

This message was edited Feb 4, 2007 6:38 PM

(Zone 1)

Oh, I LOVE Philo's!

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

The three that I had bought and paid good money for are not doing well. They were all in those real shallow pots and I knew that I should have repotted them but I didn't. I wanted to wait until spring. But that was a mistake. One of them maybe not make it at all and the other two may make it. Those shallow pots were filled with something that just totally absorbed the water and they got way too wet. But now they are in nice pots and will hopefully recover.

Jesse

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.