camillia cutting

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

The glorious bloom season on my Camellia is coming to a close. The flowers are dropping off like flies. This is a normal phase, so nothing is wrong....
I pick them up and pull off all the petals and spread them out on a big rattan tray to dry. I do this with all my flowers and have a HUGE plastic tote constantly full of Potpourri. End of June, when I have my huge Summer Solstice Cookout (I get about 55-60 people), I make potpourri lace balls as favors everyone can take home. To wrap them, I buy pretty lace curtains at a Goodwill sore and cut them up in squares and fill them with the potpourri, tying it off with pretty ribbons. Just my way to make this event special to everyone.

Anyway---I was talking about my Camellia.
Here's a picture of some of the fallen blooms. They still look so perfect!

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

And here is the rattan tray full of them. The blue stuff in the back is some of my Lilac blooms all picked apart for the same reason.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

OK! OK! ---since you asked.........:o)

Here's a picture of the potpourri lace balls I make.
Back then, I still stored all my potpourri in this basket, which is HUGE!
Now I have it is a plastic storage thing with a lid that has a top that lifts open without having to remove the whole lid. VERY practical!

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Now is the time to take cuttings from camelias.I am starting by beds this week, and will take pics, and keep you posted.If you have anything of interest to cut from,D-mail me, Thanks, Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.