Blooming Begonias Their Fun Houseplants!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Here a some blooming Begonias.
The first one we have grown for about 4 years from a 2 1/2 inch pot a buy from Ebay they called her Eyelash.
We have grown her into a couple full 12 inch pots, Large plants into our garden beds, and smll plants and cuttings for friends.
This is the "First" time she has ever bloomed !
I was tickled and surprised !

Thumbnail by Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Here she is again ! I noticed today she has more flowers opening I'll have to get a better close up of them beauties !

Thumbnail by Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

This one had name From Tom. The Mom we have grown a couple large from cutting , and traded cuttings. This is from leaf cutting I put down begin of Nov 2006. Mom plants have never bloomed for me but the cutting baby is !
Begonias are fun houseplants !

Thumbnail by Allison_FL
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, it is the time for a lot of rhizomatous begonias to start blooming. Check out some of the ones in the begonia forum.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Yes their beautiful !
We grow most of ours outside in garden beds. But when we moved begin Nov 2005 grabbed a couple leaves to root just in case they did not like their trans-plant. It's the trans-plants that are blooming the leaf cuttings
Have not put out our Begonia Edge of Sunset or B Strawberry Creme
in garden beds yet but may try them. Grew from cuttings to have some inside and on screen porch !

We have one got now I think 3 years ago May for my Birthday Ok name, it's and angel wing Begonia my tongue is tied has never once stopped blooming ! We grew it in pots for while now in ground still doing good. !
Every house plant was an outdoor plant at one time.
Houseplants are fun ! Begonias make fun houseplants !

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, begonias are fun houseplants!

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Nice fancy !
We don't have too many Begonias maybe enough to count on all fingers :))
This is one we have enjoyed going on five years now !
We have a few of her and left some in yeard next door when we moved She puts on a long show of beautiful flowers each year !

Thumbnail by Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Begonia Eyelash in first picture here is her Mom. She progates easy so we have a couple large growing plasnt of her outside in garden beds too.
But after four plus years baby is the first to bloom :))

Thumbnail by Allison_FL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.