Iris pictures turned into IRIS ART

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is another using that LAQUER plug-in. It gives a wide range of effects.

(click picture to see the large version)

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

This is the same flower - (name is 'FRENCH CAN CAN') copying only the flower and adjusting it's size and then pasting it onto a blurred green background (from the original photo).

Thumbnail by Margiempv
St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Oui Oui...beautiful FCC. Nice pic Margie.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks sempervi.......................I like how you rhymed your sentence. :-)

Now this is still the same iris - by adding a variety of effects (old & new) and increasing the red color. Last one for now.

(click on picture to see it larger)

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Are you ready for more iris art?

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

This was originally "Daughter of Stars" .

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

This use to be "finishing School". This is really "finished" now. LOL

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

This one is........................... (fill in the blank) (hee- heee) Everyone should 100.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Maybe - - you'd like to see Black & White?

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

oooh, liking that last one ....

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

These latest works af art are simply stunning!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you to the both of you. I have so much fun doing this. Here a few more:

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

The original is Jazz Band.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Same iris - - different effect.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

This one looks like an "eye". An "eye" for iris. Still from the same 'Jazz Band' photo.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Do you suppose we will see some of these effects in new catalogs as they try to mess with iris colors & shapes?

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Good question Wanda! With all that is now capable through the use of 'computer graphics' programs - anything is possible. It use to be said " a picture never lies".......................well, that has certainly changed. People can and have put in everything from "ghosts" to "presidents" in their own photos.

I personally think (by knowing and meeting so many iris people over my 25 years of growing irises) that they will stay true to posting actual photos of iris taken for their catalogs and on their websites. Why? Because it is how they will stay in business. If people were to see that their colors or iris forms are not as they advertise - people will tend to shy away, and take their business to another reputable source. Honesty is still the best policy.

On the other hand - - It's possible they may use some forms of iris ART in catalogs/webites or on the cover of catalogs/ or websites to dazzle the customer. Because memorable covers on catalogs can bring a customer back over and over again.

Those of us who like to create art with computer graphic programs - do so for the fun, entertainment, advertising, and for the "ART" of it. I've used my work on greeting cards; postcards; in e-mails to family and friends; to make posters for the Tucson Area Iris Society that I belong to......... announcing our Spring Trek; for the cover of our Iris Membership bulletin, etc. I'm even thinking of making and selling an IRIS ART CD so people can use it as a screen saver. Possibilities are endless.......................... just like irises! < big smiles here>

~ Margie

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

And so ................... here's another.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

And another........ this same iris is Sea Swells....................with a watery reflection.

(click to see a larger picture of this)

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Same iris here too - different effect.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

The iris I used originally is "Simply Delicious", which is a purple iris - standards and falls. It has been changed to look like this.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

This is "Simply Delicious" as a 'Lithograph' and using a 'frame'.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

And what of this?

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

The one above and this one is the same iris too..............named "Suspicion". Painted, and carved on wood effect.

Thumbnail by Margiempv

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.