houseplant seeds

Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

well, i didn't know until today that you can buy seeds for certain house plants.
i just placed an order from greendealer exotic seeds: [HYPERLINK@www.greendealer-exotic-seeds.com]

I'll be getting 50 seeds for 'pure white spider plant' --i google searched and found the picture i attached in the grouping picture i put up
10 seeds for asparagus fern
24 seeds for 'sensitive plant' aka 'Mimosa pudica' --this one will be fun, i remember a friend showing me one as a little girl, when you touch the leaves they fold up for a while and then go back
and 10 seeds for ming fern

i'm attaching pictures of what i believe they will turn out as, the seed site didn't have very good pics, and some seeds didn't offer pics at all (white spider)
anyway, i'll be happy to share some seeds with anyone sending a SASE for trade of other seeds or houseplant cuttings. i'll probably only keep 10 spiderplant seeds, 3 or 4 of each fern, 8 seeds sensitive plant
my seeds should be arriving in a week to 10 days.

if no one takes me up on it i'l be planting them all, then posting the rootings in the spring.

Thumbnail by sjonesartist
Sheridan, AR(Zone 8a)

Hi sjonesartist, sorry no one has answered you're question. Afraid I don't know my self. I have not been into plants for very long, and who knows if you will even read my reply it's been so long since you posted. I was wondering if you had any luck with you're White Spiderplant? It is very interesting looking. Hope you are still hanging around the site somewhere.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Oooh, the white spider plant is really pretty. I tried growing Sensitive's from seed and accidentally killed them all when they were almost ready to transplant into bigger pots by letting them get too dry. *cries* Hopefully you had better luck!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.