need help finding a plant holder

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I'm looking for a plant hanger that is a metal pole that goes from floor to ceiling like a tension rod or a spring loaded shower rod. There are hooks off the pole so you would hang your plants staggered around the pole... I've seen them but don't know what to call it to put in a search engine...I've tried all the obvious...no luck....the planter was similiar to the pole lamps we used to use in the '60s & '70s. Any suggestions would be appreciated...Thank you.....Deb

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Are you one of the people from GW who are searching for these?

Someone said they are sold on ebay once in awhile listed as Eames era tension pole planter/plant hanger or something like that.

Seems that those old fashioned ones aren't available any more, but these are:

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Item21044.aspx

I have a couple just like them, except the plastic portion is black rather than white. They are much stronger than they look, as each 'arm' holds two or three plants, and I use various sized 'S' hooks to stagger the height of multiple plants on one arm.

These are listed as Tension mounted drying pole:

Granted, they're not the most attractive, but they do serve the purpose!

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

Nan, I'm don't know what GW means....my girlfriend who does not have a computer asked me to look for the hanger but she didn't know what to call it & neither did I and when my conventional descriptions didn't get any results on Google I knew I better go to the network that KNOWS...Dave's Garden...what a wonderful tool this networking is...how did we do without it? Thank you very much....Deb

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Oopss...sorry, Deb. GW means GardenWeb.

Hope that helps our your friend!

Dunno how I ever lived w/o Dave's, either!!

Brick, NJ(Zone 7a)

wow, i took that link, that tension rod thing is nice, and in black i bet its even better... i bet once the plants are hanging it looks beautiful. that white one, with all the clothes doesn't look too appealing, NAN - I'd love to see that black ones with your plants on them. can you post some pics please? stephanie

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

OK...I'll try to get a shot of one within the next couple of days.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Not a great shot....seems I'm always in a hurry when I take photos (forget 'til the last minute) but you can probably get the 'gist' of it....

Thumbnail by Nan
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Nan....I love your plant set up. I curious as to what color the Epi's flowers are??? :)

GH

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi GH!!

Thanks, and I apologize for my cobwebs....working outside the home with a sizeable commute doesn't allow a lot of time for housecleaning....and kids aren't a lot of help!

I was about to say 'what Epi'? lol!!
That's Disocactus ramulosus aka Pseudorhipsalis ramulosa.
It hasn't bloomed for me in the 2-3 years I've owned it....yet....but it is supposed to get white blooms and white berries.

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

We were at a HallMark store in Lewiston last week and saw the perfect plant pole holder. Black wrought iron, large tripod type bottom support, and three levels of "branchs" shaped to look like leaves....the leaves spread out flat so you have a wide surface to hang numerous plants from. of course, it was for display only but what a wonderful houseplant holder it would make...Your plants look wonderful on your tree, I'm especially attuned to Hoya's & some succulents (especially stapelia), and yours look so nice. I'm finally settled enough from our move to Idaho from CA that I am starting to acquire a few new "kids" but am running out of east facing windows fast for the time being.....I definitely need some holders that I can stagger plants on....we had a dinner party last week and when I turned the chandolier on (we were all seated, of course) over the dining table there was an elaborate, huge, and dark cobwebb completely through all the lights and then to make it worse, it was attached by two other hanging webs over to two different walls. and you can't knock it down then 'cause heaven knows what will fall onto the table or food. I love the spidees when they weave webs in my plants 'cause I think they are very interesting to watch and may even provide a service by trapping soil knats but I really do try to keep corners and light fixture free & clean....obviously we don't eat in the dining room often....and I'm a retired women with one husband and two small dogs so I have no excuse...I do try to keep everything as I "Should"...who decides those "Shoulds" anyway????? Jeeeeezzzzzzzzzz......think about it....insects don't sleep so sure they can stay ahead of us. the only thing they do is weave, lay around & wait to eat what comes to them!!!! they don't have to cook it or clean up after it....anyway, I'm interested in what the "epi" is? Is it the broad strap leaves? Deb

Thumbnail by Depsi
SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Oooh, nice bloom, there, Deb...those Stapeliad blooms are soooo fascinating, I agree!

Whew...glad I'm not the only one with Cobwebs...thanks for making me feel a bit better about that!

That plant hanger/pole sounds wonderful....you should have asked them where they got it?
The only thing about that that would bother me is the 'tripod base'...I just *know* that one of the kids/dogs or adults would trip over one of the tripod legs, and everything would be 'in flight'!! LOL!!

Yes, the Disocactus (or whatever they're calling it now since they keep re-classifying it) is the one on the right with the strap-shaped leaves.
When outdoors during the summer (or indoors in very bright light - it's only getting minimal eastern light now) the leaves turn a very bright red.
I could share with you two, if you like....in the spring, but you'll have to remind me.

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

Nan, I would like that very much....I snapped a pic this morning of my kids that are taking over the jacuzzi....it's just got too wonderful of an east facing window + can mist to my hearts content 'cause all waterproof...would love a bar from the wall where the elk image is to the wall across from it running the length of the window so I could hang my hoya's & have room for more on the tub surface & bench surface but husband nixes the idea....I'm looking for a set of shelves to use in front of the east facing window in the guest bedroom that has a way of hanging some of the guys.....found a garment hanger/shelving at Costco which would be wonderful except the hanging bar area was just not wide enough for more than two small plants at the most....I just keep my eyes open....Hope your day is wonderful and I appreciate each of your suggestions....Thank you....Deb

Thumbnail by Depsi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.