Winter Sale On Seeds

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Or put it in a big tub, or garbage can?

Karen

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

I did that with a 1/2 bag, I threw it into another garbage bag and brought it in. Nothing leaked!!(and I had the hoohaws or stupidity to bring in the kitchen) When it started to thaw it was perfect to use :>)

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Ooo! Just found out yesterday that Walgreen's have seeds on sale 10 for $1 with coupon. You can either go to Walgreen's online to print the coupon (page 15 in the weekly ad), or grab one inside the door on your way in. Limit of 20, but who says you can't go back 5 times in one day or go to different ones if you have more than one in your area? (or do what I did and make the hubs do a seperate cash-out). Ends today (1/27/07), so hurry! Cause...y'all need MORE seeds, right? lol

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Also, this site has .99 seed packets and free shipping if you buy 5 or more:

http://www.watersuntogether.com

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

You had to tell me.....

xxx, Carrie

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

sewobsessed: Thanks for the tip on the Walmart special. Very helpful information.

Sunny: You made me look! :~) They have a nice selection of seeds. Have you ordered from them before?

Wasn't someone on this forum looking for Catnip? This website has it.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Hey gang,
off-line for over a week and up to no good. Been looking for Celebrity Bush tomato seeds at several different location with no luck but these others beg me to take them home.

P

This message was edited Feb 2, 2007 6:55 AM

Thumbnail by bigred
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Good morning, red
Have you ordered from Select Seeds before? I was wondering about the Black Beauty bulbs and a plant or two. I haven't had very good luck with mail order. Seeds are OK.

Teresa

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

All I really need are the Celebrity Bush tomatoes so I hate to do mail order. I'd have to buy more than the tomato seeds or pay postage just for one package. I'm getting into enough trouble just locally....LOL

P

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I was also looking at the coleus. Last year I planted a multicolor pack of coleus. They did very well, but do you have to take cuttings to get the hybrid ones? I love the lime greenish ones and the curly leaf.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

blue,
yup,you have to take cuttings of the hybrids. I've never had any luck getting them thur winter inside.
P

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I have pretty good luck with coleus cuttings. I grow them under lights in the basement and then transplant them out in the spring.

Anita

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'll have to give them anothre try this coming winter under light on a heat mat.

P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.