Where did you spend the most DG time this year?

There are a total of 431 votes:

The forums - I love to share information and chat (which forums are your faves?)
(329 votes, 76%)
Red dot

PlantFiles was my favorite place to spend time
(55 votes, 12%)
Red dot

BugFiles may be new, but it's where I spent my time
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

I spent a lot of time reading reviews and rating companies in the Watchdog
(19 votes, 4%)
Red dot

I've spent a lot of time in Garden Terms this year
(1 votes, 0%)
Red dot

I added a lot to my Garden Journal or diary this year
(10 votes, 2%)
Red dot

I spent most of my time in the Garden Bookworm
(1 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Other?
(16 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

I've made so many new friends and have gotten so much support and friendship from 'the gang' in Pull Up A Chair and Huck and Souky's thread in the pets forum. I think I probably spent more time chatting than I spent in the garden...LOL!

The various plant forums have been a big help, as have the ID forum and the Plant Files. It has been years since I have had a home and garden and it has been a lot of work creating the gardens at my new home...and lots more work to come in the next few years. DG has been an invaluable resource to me in establishing my yard and gardens.

Thanks to Dave and the Admin Crew for providing such a wonderful and safe forum.

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

I have probably visited every forum and anything I could just to lurk or learn whatever I could. I've been everywhere on DG and will continue to. Love this place!

Ann

Olney Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Most of my time I spend in the forums, mainly: Tomatoes, Peppers, Vegitables, and Rocky Mtn. and I keep an eye on the Cooking, Reciepes, and Canning ones. Plus a few others.

But without the Journals and Plantfiles I would not have been able to pull a home garden out of the wishiing / "someday" stage, into the OK lets do it stage.

Overwelming THANKS to Dave, the Admin crew, and the Uber folks, For making this such a great place to spend time!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Forums. I have "met" so many interesting & common people. Impossible to ryun into these people in everyday life.
Here it's lots of people with shared interests. Went to Iowa Roundup 2005, life hasn't been the same since. We were back in 2006, hosted So. MN Fall Roundup in Sept., & looking forward to May 2007 in Cedar Rapids. Planning on making that into extended vacation to continue on to Ky & Ohio to visit Daves Garden members there.
Last, 2005, late summer we "helped" Badseed & family move to their dream farm. This year we got justmeLisa & family moved from LA to KY.
How about this holiday season ? We used to drive around ohing & ahing at decorated houses. Now we sit in front of the puter & see peoples Christmas trees & decorations all around the world.
Dave, you must be thanked over & over for providing such a place!
Merry Christmas!
Bernie

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I'm "partial" to the ID, Daylily and Rose forums...
Thanks Dave, for a superb site!

Mike

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Northeast forum is my all time favorite....there are so many GREAT people and I have learned so much. I would say daylilies and lilies would be my second 2 favorite places to visit. But all in all this entire website is my daily dose of peace of mine and happiness!! Happy Holidays everyone!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

I picked 'forums' but Plant Files is a verry close 2nd! I like Tropicals and Aroids, Photos, ID, and Carolinas ..mainly. :)
Thanks for Dave et al for a wonderful resource!
Deb

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I chose forums, my next favorite would have been watchdog, which is how I found DG in the first place. A wonderful idea, Dave.
The Lily Forum takes first place with me. I've learned so much this year, just from peering into different forums of things that interest me. Thanks to all of you who share your knowledge; it's a lot of fun hanging out here.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I chose forums, although I spend time in plantfiles and garden watchdog also. I'm not to hard to find if you want to, but you never know where I'll show up next ;)

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

I chose Forums, because there is so much collective wisdom for a newbie to gardening like me...but Plant Files is a close 2nd while trying to determine what will work for me and what certain plants look like. Bug Files has helped too. There's just so much here that I enjoy and use. Thank you, THANK YOU to Dave and all the helpers, and most of all, to the wonderful 'flowers' of personality and knowledge, the users who make up DG. I love it all!!

~Sunny

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I am a Forum Junkie. The people I have met here are awesome, quality people. The knowlege here, a true treasure. I do actually visit nearly all parts of DG on a regular basis, but it is the people in the Forums that keep bringing me back. Farm Forum, Rocky Mt. Forum, Photos and etc. etc. And I use the Garden Watchdog each winter to see who I will buy seeds from this year (I like to rotate around while I build up my gardening skills to one day save OP seeds myself). Thank you, thank you, Dave and Everyone who contribute to this wonderful site.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

I echo Country Gardens sentiments, if not experiences.
:-)
Good to know the collective you!

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

I prefer the Interactive Forums.
One on one.
The Palm & Ginger Bits Bores Me to tears.
You have to wait up to 2 days for a reply.
You Did Ask.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I spend almost all my time on here on forums. My favorite is the Central Midwest forum. I have made new lifelong friends that I might not have met otherwise. Equine, Artisans, Cannas and a few others are also lots of fun. I learn something new all the time.

Ginger, come hang out on the Equine forum. I know you have horses and we will keep you entertained for hours.

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

Not only have I learned a lot but I have been able to communicate with wonderful people!! All the forums have something to learn about in but I guess my favorite has to be the Butterflly and Hummingbird garden forum.

Merry Christmas to all...

Chuck

This message was edited Dec 25, 2006 4:47 PM

Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

PNW gardening! We've had an interesting year out here. :-)

Eastern MA, MA

I like the forums and reading the wisdom of gardeners who share their knowledge. My favorites are NE Gardening, Herbs, and the African Violet forum. I also like the plant files and the bookworm area. I like reading to gain ideas for my gardening. There seems to be new suggestions daily in the forums that are very helpful. This a great website with many things to offer all who visit. Happy Holidays to All

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I chose the Forums first and foremost, but if we could have had more than one choice I would have chosen the Plant Files as a second, I spend a lot of time there too.
Of course the Texas Forum is my favorite, but I love them all, including Gardening for Butterflies, Prayer Requests, Parking Lot, Organic Gardening, Soil and Composting, Plant Identification, and so many more.
Oh! and let us not forget the Birthday Forum!!!
Thank you Dave for creating a website where people can share and get to know each other.
I have met many wonderful people and my world has truly expanded.
I never would have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful gardeners if it hadn't been for you and your wonderful helpers, the Administrators.
Josephine.

Thomson, GA

Forums absolutely. My favs are Pets, Georgia Gardening and Daylily forums, although I do enjoy many of the others as well. I have learned so much from so many people and have expanded my collections with the aid of the co-ops (something I could not have afforded to do at retail). Thank you, Dave, and helpers, for creating such a wonderful gathering place.

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

I had to choose PlantFiles as I have been researching plants for my planned new/redesigned garden beds in spring 2007. The forums sure run a very close second though, and I expect them to take their proper place (first!) again once I'm finished with my current planning.

Northern Rivers NSW, Australia(Zone 7b)

Forums without question.
Anything to do with gardening or nature photography with Pets a very close 2nd.
Nice people , nice place.

Holty...

Oceanside, CA(Zone 9b)

Definitely the palm forum.

ginger749: Waiting for replies varies a lot on the pam forum, but my experience is it's faster than Grass&Bamboo and Tropical. With Palms you have to hit a nerve, and for some reason that nerve has been foxtails lately. Some of your posts have had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD. ( I felt compelled to spell it out)

This message was edited Dec 25, 2006 1:30 PM

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Northeast forum. They are like a new family that I got to choose for myself. I've visited lots of other forums and check through the plant files and watchdog - but NE rocks!

This message was edited Dec 31, 2006 1:32 AM

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

I guess I'm with the majority! :D
My favs' R the weather forum that Sugarweed started, the MidAtlantic, & Photos...Oh yea & the Ferns, Lichen, & Mosses forum! :D

Merry Christmas!

Thumbnail by music2keep
Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Forums - waaaay too much time is spent there! I pop in and out of many, but right now my favorites are Pets, Recipes and Wildlife. Merry Christmas everyone!
Debra

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

No doubt about it... since the Mid-South Forum was opened last March (or so) I have spent a LOT of time in it. We had needed it so badly, and it was great when it opened. Thanks Dave and Terry!

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I spend lots of time on forums, mostly lurking, but have spent a ridiculous amout of time on Plant Files this year. So I voted "other." Maybe it's 50/50.

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Mostly the Vegetable Gardening and Tomato Forums. Those are my favorites.

Cardiff, ON(Zone 4a)

Definitely the forums. I joined DG to have access to all the plant info, though. I inherited a garden full of unidentified plants.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

well I haven`t been on a year yet but I am here all the time, usually on prayer, cottage, southwest, Calif.,parking lot, accessible gardening, pets, antiques and geneology also lately mid south. I like to send dmails too. I hope to get in on trades and seeds but do not know how it works and all. This was a welcome site to see and better to join and make friends from everywhere. Thanks Dave. Happy New Year all.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I love the plant files... (newbie).... and the forums

I spend a lot of time reading both... depending on my mood... either way learning more and more everyday

Happy Holidays all!

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

I spend most of my time in the water garden and central midwest forums. Shame on you for putting up that new feature "latest posts"..........how will I ever find time to actually garden now that I have you luring me into all of the other forums LOL..... Actually everything on the Dave's garden site is great. Have not had a chance to explore the journals yet. Thanks to everyone for all that you do to make it such a wonderful place!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I spend most of my time in PlantFiles, but I do have a few favorite forums that I make sure to read everyday.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The forums such as the Northeast Gardening, Daylilies, Perennials, Dahlias, Roses and Garden Art are my favorites but it's always the people who inform, delight, entertain and give me more help than a team of psychologists - JasperDale, Zuzu, 1gardengram and Debi - they're the gems for me. I couldn't possibly survive as well without them - nor would I want to try.

Palmyra, PA(Zone 6a)

It's an impossible question for me to answer, since I use almost every feature here a lot. I LOVE Dave's Garden :) So, I guess I'll put "other" !

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I check in daily on Daylilies, Dave's Garden, bulbs, co-ops, roses, ferns, cottage gardens, perennials, iris, lilies, hosta, gladiolas and I lurk in Orchids, garden design, greenhouse, trees and shrubs and a few others. I read the forum Journals and diaries often to check on changes and improvements. I noodle around in other forums on occasion. I read a few of the regional forums as well. I am hugely indebted to the plantfiles and garden watchdog and I have used the journal feature in a major way. I take all kinds of notes from the suggestions, tips, plant combinations that I read about on the forums and then copy them into my diary for future use. All good stuff. So the forums are my primary use with the journals and diaries a close second followed by plant files and garden watchdog . Having been a book dealer for 35 years, you would think I would spend time in the book worm, but I have used it almost never. I would not want to be without any of my favorite features. I know that the new go gardening will become a much loved and used one for me. Patti

This message was edited Dec 26, 2006 7:54 PM

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, the forums!! NE Gardening and Roses first. But then there's the new Cottage Gardening and Gardening for Wildlife, Healthy Living, Orchids, Trees & Shrubs.... help me....I never met a plant or a DGer I didn't like LOL PlantFiles are what got me here and made me join and I use Garden Watch Dog constantly because I buy most of my plants & seeds online. But the plant knowledge, wisdom and plain friendship and support that is freely given in the forums amazes me on a daily (hourly?) basis. Plant people are good people and it seems the best ones gravitate to Dave's Garden.

Hope each and every one of you is having a safe and happy holiday!

P*E*A*C*E.........gram

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well any of you that know me would guess that the Weather, Coleus, and Florida are my favorites. I also try to add to the PlantFiles on occasion. (Though not nearly enough.)
I travel and my lap-top and Dave's Garden are always with me. You all keep me from being so lonesome.
I can't thank Dave enough for this wonderful web-site.
Sidney

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I found Dave's needing gardening help for the blank canvas of my yard and used plant files like crazy for several months.....but I joined to get in on the forums!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.