Let The Celebration Begin!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

1. rosemary (as Shakespeare said, for remembrance!)
2. honeysuckle and verbenas
3. don't know yet
4. I plant things that won't make it and cover like crazy during our 3 or 4 hard freezes....I always considered it "silly"....now I'll consider it a leap of faith!!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Wonderful Connie_W! Thanks for keeping us 'on track'. We tend to stray just a bit, but it's all in fun!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I hadn't noticed....I read the first postings and then jumped to the end to add mine---no time to read the entire thread. Should I go back and do so? ha

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Connie, Is that what this thread is about? If you go back and read it all you might get off track as well.

Denver, CO

Or find that the "track" is as delightfully strait as a grapevine's tendrils.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Ah....how correct to use a PLANT metaphor! Love it!

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

I do like that as well. It is fun to go as straight as the tendrils, but it is also nice to be reminded which way we started out. My mine work like those tendrils and I need to be pulled back every not and then. DH's thinking has become like that after all of these years together. It makes me happy, he isn't as on track as he use to be.

I haven't started my winter sowing so I can't answer the question yet and besides I forgot to buy soil back when it was readily available so now I have to wait longer yet.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Well, this past weekend I sowed:

catnip
zinnias
columbine
larkspur
marigold
allyssum
painted tongue
lobelia
snapdragon
pansy
sage
gaillardia
lupine
peruvian lilly
penstemon

in 4" x 6" pots. Put them in my baby plastic 4' x 6' greenhouse that has no heat.
So shall see how it works.
Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.