Bingo Game

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Anyone interested in playing a bingo game in this forum similar to the one that is played in AV forum. Please give me your thoughts.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thats a Great Idea Sharon : )
Nancy

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Yes!!
What about 'prizes', though? Do you have some ideas?

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I would be willing to donate a gift certificate or send you $$ To help with prizes.Just let me know what ya need : )
Nancy

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I wouldn't mind donating a 'few' bucks, either.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

sounds fun !

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Ok, dmail me privately if you are interested in sponsoring or helping with a prize. I am thinking we need to have at least 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. I thought first should be a gift card to someplace, either online or Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart or something. All suggestions are welcome.

I am trying to think of a way to make it interesting.

(Zone 1)

When is this Bingo? Before the end of the year, or in January?

Lin

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

We will do sign up and cards until 12/31 and then start with calls in january. That is about all I have worked out now. Still trying to determine if there is enough interest.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I'm going to suggest that it wait until January, though that's certainly up to the person who sponsors.
I find it really hard to get 'online' time lately....and it's only going to get worse!
Also, since this forum is a little 'slow' lately....it'll give time to accumulate some more 'takers'!

I'd also like to suggest that the 1st prize be to an online store, as many of us 'rural' people don't have a HD/Lowe's/etc..nearby.

I'll d-mail you, snboyken tomorrow....I'd like to contribute and I might (that's might, LOL!!) agree to 'keep' the cards.

LOL! Got it (sorry!) I guess we were typing at the same time.

I think there'll be plenty of interest, eventually!

This message was edited Dec 12, 2006 1:02 PM

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

I'd be interested :-)

(Zone 1)

Count me in!

Lin

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

That was my thoughts as well Nan, also calls will only be made Mon thru Friday as I don't get online much at home. I will start getting mine plant names for the bingo game ready. An online store is fine with me as well. Just want everyone to enjoy the game.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi, I'm new to DG and saw this forum. Don't know how to play, but would be interested in learning. I'd also be willing to chip in on a prize.
Thanks, Kara

Chesapeake, VA(Zone 7b)

I'd like to play!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow, we have one prize donated already. Its a go.

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Heya Sharon- I'm interested. ; )

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Count me in.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Two more have dmailed me to help donate some prizes. And we have a possible card holder. Does anyone recommend an online store for the first prize gift card? Not sure what prize #2 will be yet. Possible another gift card at lower value. Have to wait and see.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

I'm interested and PLMK if I can help!!

Debbie

Count me in.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

See, I knew the 'yays' would start coming!

OK....I'm thinking more strongly (LOL!) about 'holding' the cards now that you stated you don't get online much at home, as I'm in the same situation....only get online weekdays, and virtually never at night.

I'll be d-mailing you shortly about helping to contribute to a prize.

As for online stores, some of my favorites are Kartuz, Tropiflora, Black Jungle Terrarium Supply, Gardinos. Isn't Ebay offering gift certificates now, too? Not sure if so and how it works (whether you can use with just one or with multiple sellers?) Anyone else know?
Just a few suggestions....hopefully others will chime in with their ideas.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

I sent you a Dmail too !
You could always let the winner choose where they would like their gift card from !

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Now *there's* an idea!! Good one, Allison!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Thanks Nan ! I'm looking forward to the game !

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I haven't skipped out, I have my list of names, Several donors, So hopefully this weekend I will get it all together and post.

Brownsville, KY(Zone 6a)

If it is not to late to join in the Bingo game, I'd like to play. Not quite sure how it works, however. Will procedures be posted prior to the game?

Shirley

(Zone 1)

Can't wait for the game to begin!

Lin

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Count me in! I really enjoy these. I even won in one game! Lou

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Shirley....we're not starting (I think... right, Sharon?) until January, so you're IN if you wish!

Something to look forward to *after* Christmas!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I am hoping to get all the info posted this afternoon on this bingo. we are not starting until Jan 2nd, you will have until 12/31 to get your cards in to Nan.

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

I may want to enlist, but have no idea how it works!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

You can join by sending you pics (which I have not yet posted) to Nan once we start sign ups., if you want to help with prizes you can dmail me directly.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Oops, m'dear...I think you meant 'picks'?! Ü

You'll start a new thread, right, Sharon?

Here's how it works, everyone.

Sharon will post a LARGE list of NAMES of houseplants.

You choose from this list the number of names that Sharon specifies (It was 15 on the African Violet Forum).

You compile this list of names you've chosen into a d-mail, numbered 1 through 15 (or whatever number Sharon chooses) and send it to me....THAT becomes your BINGO CARD.

Your best bet is to then go back to that d-mail and print a copy of your list to have in front of you.

When Sharon begins calling from her large list of names, you check off, on your list, those that she calls that you have chosen.

When you have all 15 (or whichever number) you have to post on the BINGO thread (I'm assuming Sharon will start a new thread?) that you have BINGO. I'll verify it with the card you d-mailed to me, and if it matches, you win!
The big trick is to check the BINGO thread as often as possible...that's where I've usually lost out! I'm just not online enough!

Hope that helps...I'm sure Sharon will post all the rules and etc...when she starts the BINGO thread with the large list.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Picks is right. Sorry for the confusion.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/678651/

please go to the above link for the names to be called. Hope all enjoys.

Brownsville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sharon,
Thanks for hosting the Bingo game. It will be something to enjoy during those dreary days of January. My list of 15 picks has been emailed to Nan.

Shirley

(Zone 1)

I got my card in .... "Let The Games Begin"!!!

Lin

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

i got my card in!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

i want to play please

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.